Going into 3rd year as a Law student - want to be a trainee stockbroker.

A.Lee

Hello everyone. Basically, I am a 3rd year Law student and I strongly intend to become a stockbroker, I will try my utmost to get the required experience and demonstrate the necessary qualities. However, I would like some advice on here from people who may know how to reach my goals most effectively. Do's and don'ts will be very helpful. I wouldn't mind working in Manchester, Leeds or London.

My grades aren't great, but I hope they will be good enough in the end, I will work very hard in third year to ensure I finish with a first/2.1 classification. Alarmingly, I don't have solid evidence of quantitative skills, but if it means taking extra qualifications then so be it. However, in third year, I will be studying Company Law which has a topic on Corporate Finance (Share Capital
and Capital Maintenance).

GCSEs (Maths : B) 3A*s , 3A's , 4B's
A-Level ABBBB (Inc General Studies, not inc. Maths)
Law at a Russell Group Uni (Newcastle): First year undergraduate: 3rd, 3rd, 2.1, 2.1 (2.2 overall)
Second year undergraduate: 1st, 2.1, 2.1, 2.1 (2.1 overall)
Third year undergraduate: Results pending (Aiming for a first)

My amount of work experience is also limited because i know competition is intense:
- Started a successful affiliate marketing site in my gap year and had pay per click campaigns generating profits.
- Taught English abroad in my gap year.
- A mini-pupillage
- Work for charity

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your replies.

My lawyers charging me £210 plus VAT to sort my divorce and hers is charging the same.

Probably 2 days work for their legal executives and they sign some stuff off'

Stick to what you know and are doing.

Ged

Hello everyone. Basically, I am a 3rd year Law student and I strongly intend to become a stockbroker, I will try my utmost to get the required experience and demonstrate the necessary qualities. However, I would like some advice on here from people who may know how to reach my goals most effectively. Do's and don'ts will be very helpful. I wouldn't mind working in Manchester, Leeds or London.

My grades aren't great, but I hope they will be good enough in the end, I will work very hard in third year to ensure I finish with a first/2.1 classification. Alarmingly, I don't have solid evidence of quantitative skills, but if it means taking extra qualifications then so be it. However, in third year, I will be studying Company Law which has a topic on Corporate Finance (Share Capital
and Capital Maintenance).

GCSEs (Maths : B) 3A*s , 3A's , 4B's
A-Level ABBBB (Inc General Studies, not inc. Maths)
Law at a Russell Group Uni (Newcastle): First year undergraduate: 3rd, 3rd, 2.1, 2.1 (2.2 overall)
Second year undergraduate: 1st, 2.1, 2.1, 2.1 (2.1 overall)
Third year undergraduate: Results pending (Aiming for a first)

My amount of work experience is also limited because i know competition is intense:
- Started a successful affiliate marketing site in my gap year and had pay per click campaigns generating profits.
- Taught English abroad in my gap year.
- A mini-pupillage
- Work for charity

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your replies.

your well over qualified for a trainee stock broker - I could understand if you wanted to be a trader but a stock broker ? - it's not a good job mate and you'll make far more money in the legal proffession.. why not combine the 2 and go into compliance ? - big demand for compliance proffessionals - there is no demand for stock brokers... dont do it!