Going into 3rd year as a Law student - want to be a trainee stockbroker.

A.Lee

1 0
Hello everyone. Basically, I am a 3rd year Law student and I strongly intend to become a stockbroker, I will try my utmost to get the required experience and demonstrate the necessary qualities. However, I would like some advice on here from people who may know how to reach my goals most effectively. Do's and don'ts will be very helpful. I wouldn't mind working in Manchester, Leeds or London.

My grades aren't great, but I hope they will be good enough in the end, I will work very hard in third year to ensure I finish with a first/2.1 classification. Alarmingly, I don't have solid evidence of quantitative skills, but if it means taking extra qualifications then so be it. However, in third year, I will be studying Company Law which has a topic on Corporate Finance (Share Capital
and Capital Maintenance).

GCSEs (Maths : B) 3A*s , 3A's , 4B's
A-Level ABBBB (Inc General Studies, not inc. Maths)
Law at a Russell Group Uni (Newcastle): First year undergraduate: 3rd, 3rd, 2.1, 2.1 (2.2 overall)
Second year undergraduate: 1st, 2.1, 2.1, 2.1 (2.1 overall)
Third year undergraduate: Results pending (Aiming for a first)

My amount of work experience is also limited because i know competition is intense:
- Started a successful affiliate marketing site in my gap year and had pay per click campaigns generating profits.
- Taught English abroad in my gap year.
- A mini-pupillage
- Work for charity

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your replies.

gedward3

Established member
925 116
My lawyers charging me £210 plus VAT to sort my divorce and hers is charging the same.

Probably 2 days work for their legal executives and they sign some stuff off'

Stick to what you know and are doing.

Ged

Hello everyone. Basically, I am a 3rd year Law student and I strongly intend to become a stockbroker, I will try my utmost to get the required experience and demonstrate the necessary qualities. However, I would like some advice on here from people who may know how to reach my goals most effectively. Do's and don'ts will be very helpful. I wouldn't mind working in Manchester, Leeds or London.

My grades aren't great, but I hope they will be good enough in the end, I will work very hard in third year to ensure I finish with a first/2.1 classification. Alarmingly, I don't have solid evidence of quantitative skills, but if it means taking extra qualifications then so be it. However, in third year, I will be studying Company Law which has a topic on Corporate Finance (Share Capital
and Capital Maintenance).

GCSEs (Maths : B) 3A*s , 3A's , 4B's
A-Level ABBBB (Inc General Studies, not inc. Maths)
Law at a Russell Group Uni (Newcastle): First year undergraduate: 3rd, 3rd, 2.1, 2.1 (2.2 overall)
Second year undergraduate: 1st, 2.1, 2.1, 2.1 (2.1 overall)
Third year undergraduate: Results pending (Aiming for a first)

My amount of work experience is also limited because i know competition is intense:
- Started a successful affiliate marketing site in my gap year and had pay per click campaigns generating profits.
- Taught English abroad in my gap year.
- A mini-pupillage
- Work for charity

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your replies.

dealer911

436 24
your well over qualified for a trainee stock broker - I could understand if you wanted to be a trader but a stock broker ? - it's not a good job mate and you'll make far more money in the legal proffession.. why not combine the 2 and go into compliance ? - big demand for compliance proffessionals - there is no demand for stock brokers... dont do it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock