GKFX Spike

Nut

Hi all

Can anybody confirm if this spike actually occured in dow real futures market last night.

Thanks in advance
Nut
:(

Attachments

• Spike.png
    Spike.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,344
Hi all

Can anybody confirm if this spike actually occured in dow real futures market last night.

Thanks in advance
Nut
:(

I dont see anything like that but this is the US30, a spreadbet instrument, so they can do whatever they want. I'm guessing you were long at the time and that spike took you out.

Time and price would be helpful, you seem to have cut both off from your screenshot

I was watching this last night, I thought it was meant to be closed 10:30-11pm but it was jittering all over the place between those times.

Thanks for the responses, I was not in the market at the time thank god, I think GKFX will have to be watched closely. When it was Smart Live I cannot remember this type of price action occuring.

I dont see anything like that but this is the US30, a spreadbet instrument, so they can do whatever they want. I'm guessing you were long at the time and that spike took you out.
I think you get it all wrong when you say it is SB, and they can do whatever they want. The SB product has to reflect the movement of that of the underlying asset. For all we know it could have been a technical error, and not necessary a deliberative attempt to take out stops.

Thanks for the responses, I was not in the market at the time thank god, I think GKFX will have to be watched closely. When it was Smart Live I cannot remember this type of price action occuring.

I can:)

Hi nut and pboyles, I did notice this spike during the week and checked it on FXCM also especially after reading the thread on stop hunting

I am sure that FXCM were not showing this bar but since you brought it up I had another look and they seemed to have changed (I could be wrong but at the time it was not there)

They seem to match up now but a 10 point difference is clear to see

stop hunting? during the day the us30 can be off by a fair few points on smartlive to other spreadbetters so hard to say whats really going on

Just a good warning to everyone out there, make sure you wise up to these goings on and always contact them and complain otherwise they will continue to do these things, we all need to police them and alert newbies to this

I have also seen many various spikes in forex over the year but have never been caught in a trade during them but they have a word for them "fathom bars" and I am not sure if price really trade at these levels but as I said I have not been in the trade so cant say if you would have been stopped out over these fathom bars

would be interesting if someone who has notice these to post example of live trades and expose these brokers spreadbetters

here are my charts 30min as opposed to your 15min but still clear

dow.gif

dow2.gif

Sorry about the last charts not making it clear but something seems to have change on my my platforms and thats why I think I got a bit confused with the charts earlier but I think theis clears it up

these are 2 smartlive charts from 2 different computer same time and days

let me know what you think

dow.gif

Sorry about the last charts not making it clear but something seems to have change on my my platforms and thats why I think I got a bit confused with the charts earlier but I think theis clears it up

these are 2 smartlive charts from 2 different computer same time and days

let me know what you think

View attachment 126384

second chart

dow.gif

First charts low is 11883.2 at 23.30 on 12th dec

Second charts low is 11937.3 at 23.30 on 12th dec

I am sure I saw this bar on my main trading computer on smartlive but it has been taken away and thats why I could not find the clear example earlier but I think this clears it up

I wonder if price really traded down at those low's FXCM is the same as my second chart so could just be a fathom bar and no stop were taken out but it would be interesting if some had been ?

If you refresh the chart showing the spike the bar goes back to what it should be.

Cant seem to get ride of it on my other computer but just goes to show can you trust the charts? always double check and check again

seems like a fathom bar and price never traded here but who knows with the metatrader add on, gets you thinking a little bit more

we all get a little complacent and dont check prices as much as we should especially in a busy day

just my thoughts for a sunday :)

This will make it very clear. My screenshot compares the EURUSD on GKFX vs FXPro and AMP's 6E Euro FX future.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/6325/20120522-cakd-215kb.jpg

GKFX spiked the price, twice. The reason I was given was "technical issue" and they didn't admit this until I pressed them.

One spike may have been an accident, but two spikes?

So another broker who I thought may have been trustworthy bites the dust.

here is the refreshed GKFX chart, before the refresh it was showing the double pins

eurusd.gif

Another spike on their Dollar Index today, massive, will take months to leave the chart.

I use the Index for correlation any way to remove the data from the chart, looked on Google without luck.