getting into automated trading

george_bars

Hello everyone !

i have been trading manually since 2016 now, but the success could be better. Now i want to start with automated trading, but from what i have heard websites like markets.com cant really be trusted, so im looking for a good alternative website to get into it. Do you have any suggestions ? :)

Hello everyone !

i have been trading manually since 2016 now, but the success could be better. Now i want to start with automated trading, but from what i have heard websites like markets.com cant really be trusted, so im looking for a good alternative website to get into it. Do you have any suggestions ? :)

Automation is the name of the game for me as well, but personally, I would not trust any service to host my code, the best is rent a small VPS for few bucks a month and code your own thing...

Automation is the name of the game for me as well, but personally, I would not trust any service to host my code, the best is rent a small VPS for few bucks a month and code your own thing...

ok, but need an API. Can't the broker see what you are doing?

I have a few ideas I'd like to code, but don't want anyone else peaking...when I start to rack some serious coin.

that kind of gets somebodies attention:|

ok, but need an API. Can't the broker see what you are doing?

I have a few ideas I'd like to code, but don't want anyone else peaking...when I start to rack some serious coin.

that kind of gets somebodies attention:|

Yep, sure you'll need a broker with API... The broker will see the trades no matter what anyway, but the logic and how exactly you did come up with the specific trade will be on your own system...

Yep, sure you'll need a broker with API... The broker will see the trades no matter what anyway, but the logic and how exactly you did come up with the specific trade will be on your own system...

ahh ok. brokers sees the executions, but they don't know the "why" because the code is on end on my equipment?

What's the odds they might try to reverse engineer my great results? Should I have a few brokers to switch b/w periodically to circumvent this or am I overly paranoid?

IOW, very likely they even care??

What's the odds they might try to reverse engineer my great results? Should I have a few brokers to switch b/w periodically to circumvent this or am I overly paranoid?

IOW, very likely they even care??

Frankly, I don't think they would care much about small accounts, but if you are trading millions and making millions, you will end up on all compliance lists and reports and they will investigate you to make sure you are not gaming the system... From there, who knows, maybe they will try to copy your system, or more likely they will contact you and persuade you to take other high net worth individuals as clients and start a hedge fund...

Of course, in any case, should split your money between different brokers anyway, just in case one goes down (and have accounts maximum to the insured/government protected account size) and if you are paranoid enough, why not do random/fake trades as well to throw them off :)

Thanks, Quantt what you say makes complete sense why would they care they are making bank off the commissions and they probably have their own trading/research dept. if at all. They wouldn't care about me nickle & dime'ing a small acct no matter how successful.

Hello everyone !

Hey George! I've been using this free automated trading site called Capitalise and I really recommend it. You can write out all of your strategies in plain English with tons of technical and fundamental indicators to choose from and many different assets including stocks, forex, and crypto. It's intuitive and so far I've had really good results with it. Hope this helps!

Hello everyone !

Automating your Algo directly with a broker's Api is not an easy task unless you're a seasoned programmer. I'd rather suggest going with certain trading platforms, such as Ninjatrader among others. Ninjatrader will allow you to automate all what you want. If you're not a programmer there's a certain learning curve unless you can afford to hire a pro.