Get a job in trading: what experience will be enough?

stucash

8. Track record
There’s only one thing more impressive than experience and that’s being able to provide account statements that prove you have a consistent track record of success. Depending on your style of trading, this will range from six months to a year or more. If you’re a swing trader, placing one to two trades per week, then three months positive P&L doesn’t really prove anything. It’s barely enough for a day trader doing ten round trips or more each day. A strong equity curve with minimal drawdowns will compensate for an array of shortcomings.

Dear guys,

this is a paragraph quoted from the F&Q section's post called "how to get job in trading?". Once we get experience in trading, consistently profitable track record seems to be more impressive. However, a swing trader's experience seems not enough, even a day trader placing ten round trips or more every day is barely enough.

I am actually a student working full time and I will go back to uni for a master in September; therefore I do not reckon that I will have enough time to trade full time. So guys what kind of experience is best for me based on the implications above?

Genuine thanks in advance and any advice will be appreciated. THANKS A LOT!.