General Sports Chit Chat

Uh...yeah I agree. It is a bit like the three stooges.
Maybe everyone else is scared :eek:

Or maybe they think it is complete waste of time, discussing the likes of washed up former boxers, & robotic football stars. I have to say, i kind of agree, though i've been one of the 3 perpetrating this drizzle:LOL:.

Time to get back to the charts me thinks (for now!);)

One of my mates got his photo taken with Theo in an airport. Theo was game for a laugh, posing as my mate wanted him to, as he was basically.

That actually reminds me of something.

Back in 1999 I was on holiday in Australia with my family.

Man United were playing the Socceroos at The Melbourne Cricket Ground and we had tickets for the match.

On the morning of the match we literally bumped into the Man United players in the lobby of their hotel and they posed with my kids ( 12 and 10 at the time ) for photos. Nothing was a problem for these guys and they gave us as many autographs as we wanted.

The match was great... Man Utd won 2-0.. and we thought that was the end of it.

Next morning we were flying to Sydney and by sheer chance we were on the same plane as Man United. Again the players ( and Steve MaClaren ) were brilliant...I still have Ryan Gigg's autographed boarding pass.

At baggage reclaim in Sydney we were laughing and joking with the players, getting more photos, signed shirts the lot. Even Martin Edwards deigned to give his autograph to my son.

I couldn't have more praise for the way those guys conducted themselves and they made a couple of days for us very happy ones.

I think my previous comments are clouded by the behaviour of the likes of Bowyer, Woodgate, Barton, Gascoigne, Terry et al... who I do not believe are any kind of role model for youngsters.

That actually reminds me of something.

Back in 1999 I was on holiday in Australia with my family.

Man United were playing the Socceroos at The Melbourne Cricket Ground and we had tickets for the match.

On the morning of the match we literally bumped into the Man United players in the lobby of their hotel and they posed with my kids ( 12 and 10 at the time ) for photos. Nothing was a problem for these guys and they gave us as many autographs as we wanted.

The match was great... Man Utd won 2-0.. and we thought that was the end of it.

Next morning we were flying to Sydney and by sheer chance we were on the same plane as Man United. Again the players ( and Steve MaClaren ) were brilliant...I still have Ryan Gigg's autographed boarding pass.

At baggage reclaim in Sydney we were laughing and joking with the players, getting more photos, signed shirts the lot. Even Martin Edwards deigned to give his autograph to my son.

I couldn't have more praise for the way those guys conducted themselves and they made a couple of days for us very happy ones.

I think my previous comments are clouded by the behaviour of the likes of Bowyer, Woodgate, Barton, Gascoigne, Terry et al... who I do not believe are any kind of role model for youngsters.

Yes, like with many things, the badly behaved minority can leave the biggest/lasting impression. Delinquent youths giving all youths a bad name etc.

Though i fail to see what Terrys done wrong.

Though i fail to see what Terrys done wrong

His misdemeanours have been largely forgotten because he has been repackaged as something approaching a human being.

He glassed somebody in a nightclub and took the p1ss out of American tourists in London regarding 9/11.

Not nice and much in the mould of that other nasty, Dennis ( beat the crap out of a cab driver ) Wise.

His misdemeanours have been largely forgotten because he has been repackaged as something approaching a human being.

He glassed somebody in a nightclub and took the p1ss out of American tourists in London regarding 9/11.

Not nice and much in the mould of that other nasty, Dennis ( beat the crap out of a cab driver ) Wise.

Yeh, didn't John Terry and Jody Morris do some kind of double act sh*t-kicking session at a nightclub? Amazing - Jody Morris' football skills weren't up to scratch so he was sacked and ostracised and now plays in the lower leagues, but since JT was good enough, he got rebranded a hero.
I think Bowyer and Woodgate did something similar - but Woodgate managed to survive it.

They kicked ten tons of sh1t out of a Pakistani guy, hired very expensive lawyers and effectively got away with it.

Woodgate is trying to rebrand himself as a normal person but for me he will always remain a sub-human moronic piece of trash.

And there you have it.

Terry does seem a bit of a fake at times. When he got kicked in the face, ko'd and was back from hospital within an hour or 2. He knew that made him look good, and so was good PR.

At the end of the day, i have my doubts about any 20 something who would not settle for £100k per week but demands £120k etc.

Tyson was unbeatable in his prime, i remember watching his fights and his opponents seemed to sh1t themselves as soon as he got in the ring.

Last edited:
spurs have a new sponsor,lol

Attachments

• 1zz41nnzg9.jpg
    1zz41nnzg9.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 165
Michel Platini

Does anyone else want to bash Platini around the head with a hammer every time he speaks?!?

His latest one is about clubs being owned by foreigners, and the teams being full of foreigners and how bad this is, and that he is going to try to stop it.

Sounds like ****ing Pol Pot's land reform policy.........