General Sports Chit Chat

Well Paulie didn't give the Hitman much of a problem by all accounts. (y) Nice one Ricky!

I wouldn't hav minded seeing Malignaggi win tbh. Seems like a really nice young man. Ricky is too, but he's made enough $$$$

I wouldn't hav minded seeing Malignaggi win tbh. Seems like a really nice young man. Ricky is too, but he's made enough $$$$

Bit of a show pony tho..... by all accounts was too scared to let the right go the whole fight. I'm sure he's got some in the bank now anyhoo - must have had a useful paycheck for that one (y)

Bit of a show pony tho..... by all accounts was too scared to let the right go the whole fight. I'm sure he's got some in the bank now anyhoo - must have had a useful paycheck for that one (y)

Malignaggi could well have injured his right hand again (?), based on the fact that he barely use it!
He failed to make use of his larger height and superior reach.

Hatton looked a lot better boxer. His approach was more subtle, like he said it would be. He moved his feet and head better, and didn't just bull-doze his way forward like he has done in the past. His shots were crisper, and classier, maybe fewer in number than usual (?), but more precise.
This must say a lot about Floyd Mayweather SR as a coach.

Hatton is disadvantaged as a boxer becasue at 66" tall, he only has a 65" reach, so he has short arms. Most peoples reach is slightly more than their height, boxers inparticular. Floyd JR is 68" tall with a 72" reach for example...

Hatton is a good fighter but is not as good as Calzaghe.

So Spurs re-sign 3 players in this transfer window!!! Is this the maddest year ever?

Long way to go yet.

Any number of teams could go down.

Even Hull, the former high-fliers.

Long way to go yet.

Any number of teams could go down.

Even Hull, the former high-fliers.

ur right - I can't quite work it out this season: are there so many cr*p teams this year, or are there no cr*p teams and they're just all competitive?

Stoke, Hull, Fulham, Bolton, Middlesboro, Pompey, Spurs, Blackburn, Wigan, Newcastle, Sunderland, WBA, West Ham, Man City have all put decent runs together at some point or other this season but none of them are what I'd call safe bets to stay up. Then comes Everton who are probably the first club not in trouble and they're 6th. And they've hardly set the league alight this year.

From what Redknapp says, however, a couple of weeks back he compiled the results of Spurs last 40 league games and worked out that in that time we'd scored 37 points. i.e. if the season ended a couple of weeks ago, we'd have gone down. Sums it all up really. They still don't look as clueless as they did under Hoddle though...'cept when they defend set pieces....