Gekko Global Markets Announcement CHANGE IN COMPANY OWNERSHIP

Well to be honest i`m about to report these to the FSA and ask them to investigate their actions

I`ve seen repeated abuse of pricing issues and their attitude stinks

Once the account is closed i`ll report back

Anybody else beside Trusted who some recent experience trading with ggmarkets? I myself do not trade with them to so often anymore, they have increased the spread, probably on grounds for extra cost in guaranteed stop loss. I don't like to pay for services used by others. Hopefully they will get rid of the guaranteed stop loss and narrow the spread again.

Anybody else beside Trusted who some recent experience trading with ggmarkets? I myself do not trade with them to so often anymore, they have increased the spread, probably on grounds for extra cost in guaranteed stop loss. I don't like to pay for services used by others. Hopefully they will get rid of the guaranteed stop loss and narrow the spread again.

Hi gle, no (intended) disprespect to the poster called Trusted, or any other complainer, but tbh I struggle to understand how folk get themselves into these situations therefore my sympathy *richter scale* always registers a zero...
Despite all the advice and all the suggestions on who to trade with (and who to perhaps avoid) we get these same broadcasts following the same tired theme...

Hi gle, no (intended) disprespect to the poster called Trusted, or any other complainer, but tbh I struggle to understand how folk get themselves into these situations therefore my sympathy *richter scale* always registers a zero...
Despite all the advice and all the suggestions on who to trade with (and who to perhaps avoid) we get these same broadcasts following the same tired theme...

If you don`t understand the situation black swan then how can you give sympathy

lol

It`s not about sympathy my friend it`s more to the point of warning fellow traders of VDM (spit)

If you haven`t used them you shouldn`t comment if you have then you should be aware of some of the antics .......

Erroneous spikes are common place

Why do you think that is ?

Compliance is a joke ......

So where does that leave the trader

Of course we can all sit back and turn the other cheek and let some other shmuck fall foul of this rogue outfit ........or we can do the courteous thing and inform others of their misgivings and tactics

I`d like to be very specific but constraints won`t permit this

lol

It`s not about sympathy my friend it`s more to the point of warning fellow traders of VDM (spit)

If you haven`t used them you shouldn`t comment if you have then you should be aware of some of the antics .......

Of course we can all sit back and turn the other cheek and let some other shmuck fall foul of this rogue outfit ........or we can do the courteous thing and inform others of their misgivings and tactics

In my point of view you do keep ranting about your case.:)

lol

Ok bud here's what I think, if I needed a new SB company I'd give them one chance, just one, to fook up before I'd move on. That'd cost me maximum 200 quid; 5 quid per pip 40 pip stop. Mess up then I'd be offski with better things to do with my time than wave about my flaccid *twusty sword of twuth* on forums...allright son? Jog on eh... :whistling

I`m sure that`s about the sum of your account .....lol

Then again when you`ve been at this game as long as I have young lad you`ll come to view these forums in a different light .......so despite what you think i`ll be jogging no where

lol

The internet has empowered traders to communicate with others

If you don`t like it Swanny boy

Go Whistle !

I`m sure that`s about the sum of your account .....lol

Then again when you`ve been at this game as long as I have young lad you`ll come to view these forums in a different light .......so despite what you think i`ll be jogging no where

lol

The internet has empowered traders to communicate with others

If you don`t like it Swanny boy

Go Whistle !

:rolleyes: Ho de ho...I never risk more than 2% of my balance on any SB trade or have more than 10K with either of the two SB firms I use. I do, however, have (up to) 10% of the balance (spread across 9 currency pairs) commited on any given trading day..
Anyone who has "been at this game as long as you have" wouldn't trade with the outfit you name and despise....simples...:D

Yes I agree, in the end the responsibility falls on the trader. But at the same time SB can not be left continue indulge in misconduct and even illegal activities. There are rules they have to follow, the same way the trader must apply certain discipline measures in order to secure their bankroll. I get a feeling a lot of SB traders take an unnecessary big risk, and in combination with slightest misconduct by the SB, can result in a severe loss that is very hard to get over.

Re: overnight charges

gekko or vdm has ridiculous overnight charges at first place. they put a haircut of 2% on fx

which means when you long a high yields currency they wll reduce the yield by 2%.

for example if you bet 1 pound on gbp/usd short you will pay approx 93 pence every single day. Imagine if you were position trading.

i have never encountered a broker who charges a haircut of 2% ! most of them have 0.25-0.50% haircut

This is one of the companies I have in my SB arsenal. Never had any problem with them, good execution and pretty good platform. I mainly trade the FTSE with them. I do hope they get rid of the guaranteed stop loss and reduce spread instead. I very seldom leave my positions overnight with any SB.

Gekko emailed me earlier and said they are closing my account! Gave no reason apart from that they were invoking one of their terms and conditions to allow them to do this.

Gekko emailed me earlier and said they are closing my account! Gave no reason apart from that they were invoking one of their terms and conditions to allow them to do this.
Any clue on what grounds they base this on? I feel it must be much better from a marketing point of view to be strait forward on the reason why, as this kind of posts causes some uneasiness among other clients they have. Are you a short term trader and what instruments are you trading?

Last edited: