Best Thread GBP/USD Breakout

Morning all,

I overslept and missed my daily breakout...damn. Never mind I will catch up tomorrow. Well done to you all who got 20 pips.

Cheers

Of course we're all now looking at the price and wishing we'd kept a bit on.............

Hello Claudia,
Is there a reason that you didn't take the long?

Hi there. I didn't get a buysignal. At 7 am if I recall market was falling and hit my sell signal at 7.06 at 16470.4 to be exact. wish had stayed in market longer AGAIN !!

Of course we're all now looking at the price and wishing we'd kept a bit on.............

Thats where the greed kicks in !! It was pretty obvious it would go to 27 area as that was a huge support zone. It was always going to be hard getting through the 50 first. Probably best to take profit and switch machine off. It is still annoying though !!

Edit: omg didn't see how it has fallen ..... could be + 120 for the day

Last edited:
Hi there. I didn't get a buysignal. At 7 am if I recall market was falling and hit my sell signal at 7.06 at 16470.4 to be exact. wish had stayed in market longer AGAIN !!

Sorry Claudia, you may not have seen my last post because it's at the bottom of the last page, Sometimes I get confused with the different times on the platforms, GMT and of course, I live in Asia with time of GMT +7 :confused:

You are happy with what you are doing so please don't wish that you had done things differently. I'm sure that many times the price just hits your target and would have turned into a loss if you had stayed in longer.
You seem to be a contented person. Some people seem to look at a profit in a negative light just because they could have made more.
It does your head in if you are upset at a loss and also upset at what could have been when you have made a profit. People with this attitude are never happy.
Hope that things keep going well for you. New shoes for the fair sex are sooo expensive.

Keep smiling and be happy

Keith

25 trades, 1 break even, 2 losses, 1 no trade. Drawdown isn't too much of a problem !! Around about 95% at the moment - 100% for December. Over last year its around 80%.

Edit: Both losses were on Fridays - interesting.

25 trades, 1 break even, 2 losses, 1 no trade. Drawdown isn't too much of a problem !! Around about 95% at the moment - 100% for December. Over last year its around 80%.

Edit: Both losses were on Fridays - interesting.

Great!!

Dunno why you bother with Fridays, you've made your monies for the week, little effort, 4 mornings... what's the point?

Hello dear traders, Guten Tag Claudia,
I have researched breakout strategy for GBPUSD for some time. Great material from this thread. Maybe some of you are interested to take a look at this strategy I found. It differs from Claudias on the mater of taking h/l of 6am GMT instead of 0-6am period.
Any comments on this?
Best regards/Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Roman

So Claudia, did you catch the USD/CAD break?

Also I think you should test AUD/USD, that can be good sometimes.

Hello everyone,

thanks for sharing your strategy Claudia, it looks simple and effective. I understand you have been trading this for a year with a ~80% success ratio; if so even a small start up balance would have grown into quite a decent size trading account by now...well done!

Thank you Claudia for a great strategy for a positive start to the week. I woke at 6.45 set my entries, bagged 20 pips and was going back to sleep by 7.30am. After a year fruitlessly chasing the FTSE this is pips...20 in fact!
Of course, I realise it ain't all plain sailing and the most difficult thing for me now is to leave it alone until tomorrow am....

Hello everyone,

thanks for sharing your strategy Claudia, it looks simple and effective. I understand you have been trading this for a year with a ~80% success ratio; if so even a small start up balance would have grown into quite a decent size trading account by now...well done!

Your idea of a decent account size and my idea might be totally different !! But yes you could start with a small amount but have to be very careful. I don't know your trading experience.

Your idea of a decent account size and my idea might be totally different !! But yes you could start with a small amount but have to be very careful. I don't know your trading experience - if you new to it then go demo for a while.

Hmm yes but surely with such a high win percentage there is nothing to stop you risking say, 10% of account equity per trade. Is there not? I wouldn't know, never gonna try it!

I don't have an account any more. I use the SB companies money it's far more relaxing and enjoyable.

another good morning and should have stopped after the 7 o clock break out ;since then my trading has been side ways.I still have a problem risking enough on one trade a day to make that my only trade.