Best Thread GBP/USD Breakout

Your idea of a decent account size and my idea might be totally different !! But yes you could start with a small amount but have to be very careful. I don't know your trading experience.

Always have to be careful but your risk, assuming no slippage, is pre-defined by your S/L level on every trade isn't it?

Let's say you start off with 10k and risk 3% per trade with 80% success, over 1y = 250 days your trading account will grow to ~ 3.5 mio...that's pretty decent wouldn't you say?

Always have to be careful but your risk, assuming no slippage, is pre-defined by your S/L level on every trade isn't it?

Let's say you start off with 10k and risk 3% per trade with 80% success, over 1y = 250 days your trading account will grow to ~ 3.5 mio...that's pretty decent wouldn't you say?

3.5 mio???
u might get on the banks bad side and they'll send someone to "take u out":LOL::LOL::LOL:
not ice cream and cookies you understand:whistling

3.5 mio???
u might get on the banks bad side and they'll send someone to "take u out":LOL::LOL::LOL:
not ice cream and cookies you understand:whistling

lol u certainly be on 'refer to dealer' very quick. Slippage might kick when you SB 10k a point - might be some slow fills.:rolleyes:

Started December with a touch more than 10k and 100% so far. What does that give me by Xmas??

Started December with a touch more than 10k and 100% so far. What does that give me by Xmas??

So you doubled up your starting capital in a year (you should have done much better but I'm assuming you spent some of your profits?) . Assume 10 trading days til Xmas and that you risk 3% on 20k as of tomorrow, you should come up with 5k + change....7k if you are willing to put 5% of your capital on the line per trade

Personally, I don't try and second guess the market anymore. I have my strategy and my levels, if the level gets broken I take the trade. If you have trading rules, I feel it's important to stick with them. Using this simple breakouit strategy seems to work; if you start to filter out some trades, you're sure to leave in the loser and take out the winner.

I'm with you there Claudia. :|

Well, it's not going up, is it? I'm just afriad it might go into chop mode.

Going in at 86 will have got you your 20+ already, another nice morning for you.........

U sure? I just closed + 26. Wil is absolutely right you cant filter you have to trade the signals.