Best Thread GBP/USD Breakout

Good to have you back, I probably read this thread with great interest after it had gone quiet. I hope it will now continue as it seems very worthwhile.(y)

Hi - yeah not a bad morning I lost long on gbpusd got it back shorting usdchf and eurusd. Maybe should have took the short on gbpusd. Gonna let the euro trade run all others closed.

Well euro hit + 20 - didn't take profit and am still short. May well add to the position if if goes to the 50 area. So by sticking to the rules on the three pairs I trade gives 2 winners 1 loser. Break the rules at your peril lol like I have today.

Sat at break even area on euro and real bored so going shopping and MAYBE wine bar - stop on euro just above 3050 entry 3025 first target 2980. Dream on!!! This turning into my trading journal which is cool. Not so sure talking to yourself is so cool hmm.

wow eur caught me out for sure been a good week four winning days one loser - live to fight again

Sat at break even area on euro and real bored so going shopping and MAYBE wine bar - stop on euro just above 3050 entry 3025 first target 2980. Dream on!!! This turning into my trading journal which is cool. Not so sure talking to yourself is so cool hmm.

:) I don't think you are talking to yourself, some people are listening. Would it be possible for you to describe how you trade now? I did read the whole thread once before but it is awhile ago. Of course you do not have to :rolleyes: but it would bring your posts in to context and help revive the thread.

Look forward to more updates.:)

:) I don't think you are talking to yourself, some people are listening. Would it be possible for you to describe how you trade now? I did read the whole thread once before but it is awhile ago. Of course you do not have to :rolleyes: but it would bring your posts in to context and help revive the thread.

Look forward to more updates.:)

Ok will do so over the weekend - you are right there is quite a few visits to the thread.

I'll take part in the thread, but I can't post as frequently as you. What time frame are you using? I follow the 3 min but manage entries on a 1-sec line chart.

I'm sticking with EUR/USD but always interested in cable.

Here's my take on the break-outs that were available on EUR/USD on Friday - I was waiting for the stall, and then I determine where to put the entry stop "LWP" (last wholesale price - or the point at which I judge the order flow to really kick in) and the exit stops. I missed all three, BTW :(

Attachments

• 2011-12-16 Trades c.jpg
    2011-12-16 Trades c.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 237
I'll take part in the thread, but I can't post as frequently as you. What time frame are you using? I follow the 3 min but manage entries on a 1-sec line chart.

I'm sticking with EUR/USD but always interested in cable.

Here's my take on the break-outs that were available on EUR/USD on Friday - I was waiting for the stall, and then I determine where to put the entry stop "LWP" (last wholesale price - or the point at which I judge the order flow to really kick in) and the exit stops. I missed all three, BTW :(

I always start with the 1 hour tf which was what the thread was all about - I then look at 15 min the use 5 min as an entry . Read my post i trade cable fiber and swissy - i been trading some years mostly cable - when can trade that thing trading euro easy (or easier)

Last edited:
Would love to read all your posts but there are hundreds, and mostly chat about price action that happened 2 years ago..... interesting you think cable is more difficult to trade than euro/usd - i'd heard that cable is moves more and doesn't retrace to catch everyone's stops after BO's as much. No?

Hope this thread will revive. I must admit having a look around T2W and there seems to be a lot less activity. Shame :confused:

Would love to read all your posts but there are hundreds, and mostly chat about price action that happened 2 years ago..... interesting you think cable is more difficult to trade than euro/usd - i'd heard that cable is moves more and doesn't retrace to catch everyone's stops after BO's as much. No?

Take every day as it comes i guess - today was fantastic they all went boom lol. Stops ha ha now ya talking. Figure out where the stop hunters are playing then you on a winner. Breakouts happen - look at today - what u gotta do is work out where to place ya stop. This is where my original system falls down for sure. But it made money so to take it a stage further u gotta identify support/resistance levels and maybe take small profits. Once I hit 10 pips profit I close half position then move other half to break even.

Hope this thread will revive. I must admit having a look around T2W and there seems to be a lot less activity. Shame :confused:

Yep its a bit sad really I pmd one of the moderators few days ago - no reply. Anyway keep going never know. :)

Well I tried my best no one talks Gamma BANNED pmsl Out of here is so so so boring and pointless

Well I tried my best no one talks Gamma BANNED pmsl Out of here is so so so boring and pointless

OK fair enough, I was hoping it would revive so I could join in but I can hardly blame you. All the best with your trading and have a good festive season.

Peace. :clover:

maybe try again in new year I happy to post live trades - people watch the thread but dont speak. Bet they will when I take a loss!! What u say bang? i annoyed with me for giving up so easy lol

maybe try again in new year I happy to post live trades - people watch the thread but dont speak. Bet they will when I take a loss!! What u say bang? i annoyed with me for giving up so easy lol

Give it a go Claudia, it was an interesting thread before. I will be trading similarly going in to the New Year and I will certainly join in.:)