fxcm

bikebarn

Looking to open an account with fxcm. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated. I have run their demo system and like the stops/limits which seem to work.

I believe FXCM is owned by Refco.
Suggest, to do a search on the FX forum as I beleive there are some FXCM comments on others threads.

Fxcm Uk

I am thinking of opening a mini account with FXCM, I have searched the Forex forum but nothing relevant appears, so I would like to ask anyone who has used it or is using it for any comments. Reliability, Speed, Features?

Thank you very much,

Ilia

Have a look at Moneytec too

I think you will find info on here but if not try www.moneytec.com, there is lots of info on there although they have recently started censorign the name of any brokers that do not sponsor their site which is a stupid idea for a BB

scroll down to the bottom & click on page (2) of this thread, read the comments on the fxcm v deal4free thread....I use them & echo jpwones comments!

I'm coming to the end of my demo with fxcm and will be going live with them.

Haven't found a negative comment about them on any of the boards which is unusual to say the least!!

jpwones comments are echoed by me too.

BikeBarn, in their trading software they haven't got a chart, have they? Would you have to open a chart from their website, I feel that this is a drawback, as it would have been better if it was integrated into the trading software.

I am going live in a mini account on the 6th, as it is the end the tax year on the 5th.

Ilia

Thanks to everyone so far, I am downloading the plugin to access charts straight from the platform. Hopefully it should work!

Hey I am a newbee in Forex and SO ALL of you are ! Dont you think we should gather and consult a MASTER of FX ? Who can really help us to GET PROFIT FROM FXCM or ANY ? Sort of TIPS to trade ? Say What will happen after second attack on Madrid ? What will happen today following to Strong US JOBS report on FRIDAY ? or any other significant thing happening ?

Whatever which Works !

Thanks,
_________
Good LUCK

The charting add-on is working! I must say it is quite impressive, not like tradestation, but still impressive. It has a lot of indicators, and drawing facilities, it even allows data to be exported to excel, Metastock, Tradestation. Before signing up Tuesday I would like to ask a few questions.

1) Is it possible to like, IB's TWS, to program in for the platform to buy on a golden cross of the ema and sell on the dead cross. I am going to move to IB after FXCM, but because FXCM offers a mini account I would like to investigate on that!

2) Also could I get a data feed into Tradestation, from FXCM.

Many thanks for all your replies, they have been really useful

Kunal99999 said:
Hey I am a newbee in Forex and SO ALL of you are ! Dont you think we should gather and consult a MASTER of FX ? Who can really help us to GET PROFIT FROM FXCM or ANY ? Sort of TIPS to trade ? Say What will happen after second attack on Madrid ? What will happen today following to Strong US JOBS report on FRIDAY ? or any other significant thing happening ?

Whatever which Works !

Thanks,
_________
Good LUCK

Look at the threads by Newtron bomb etc.

Use the "Search" facility on this board and you will find others more experienced in forex.

FXCM

I used to have an fxcm mini account and experienced no problems but it seems things have changed since I stopped using them - http://www.moneytec.com/forums/_showthread/_threadid-7680/_s-

I use OANDA at the moment and despite their charting interface being quite crap and infrequent slippage occurs (I've personally only had 1pip slippage and since I use limit orders it is more often than not positive slippage) they are trustworthy.

But don't just take my word for it; open your eyes and search the web.

To Chuck at Esignal

Be nice if Esignal did not charge so much for currency only data. Seems a bit steep cost wise if that is all you want.

Forex

For this type of service, we are actually one of the lowest cost providers. (Many of the "free" services are from a single broker).

This GTIS FX service is from 200 FX contributors, 24 hours a day. That is important to compare against your broker so that their price isn't going up while the larger market is going down.

Just this month we did launch TahoeCharts for FX - one bundled price of $39 for charting and GTIS Forex data to have a lower priced product for the retail market place.

Chuck
@eSignal