FX TRADING Aug 27-31

jacinto

new week. question will be if markets will be retaking risk again and thus trends retaken...i.e. dollar weakness, yen weakness.

tomorrow should get some decent volatility with the news.

have a good week

j

edit: aussie yen....200 pips on offer

Attachments

• aussie yen.gif
    aussie yen.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Evening J,

Well I'm back from holiday and looking to go long on the cable overnight - just awaiting the alloted entry time.

This is the sort of evening when I would look at the chart and think

"Long?? You must be joking, this thing can't go any higher. All the indicators are saying overbought!"

and I'd sit out of the trade only to watch it defy logic and pull in 60 pip profit overnight. So instead tonight I will be trading it as the system says and not employing any logic or brain-power (not that there's much left of the latter after the holiday :eek: Definitely too much vino collapso :cheesy: )

Evening J,

Well I'm back from holiday and looking to go long on the cable overnight - just awaiting the alloted entry time.

"Long?? You must be joking, this thing can't go any higher. All the indicators are saying overbought!"

and I'd sit out of the trade only to watch it defy logic and pull in 60 pip profit overnight. So instead tonight I will be trading it as the system says and not employing any logic or brain-power (not that there's much left of the latter after the holiday :eek: Definitely too much vino collapso :cheesy: )

well jilly, got to say you are one consistent bunny :p .....i myself cant trade sunday evening. always take a hit.

if the method tells you to trade, then trade. hope you get a good trade out of it. i really got no clue where its going overnight.

j

I'm long cable from 34 and EUR/JPY at 18. Hoping to get the week off to a good start. Looks ok at the moment but off to bed now. We'll see in the morning....

a foolish trader looks at swans on a lake.all are white.he bets his house that all the swans are white.a smart trader looks at all the swans and says ill bet that the next one is white but not my house.

I'm long cable from 34 and EUR/JPY at 18. Hoping to get the week off to a good start. Looks ok at the moment but off to bed now. We'll see in the morning....

Missed my limit orders by 3 points and 11 points respectively and ended up only slightly up, so a little disappointing but at least not a loss

Evening J,

Entry at 22.20pm was at 2.0130 on the Cable.
Exit at 7.40am at 2.0180 for +47 pips - Good start to the week.

Looking for a possible short on the GBP/JPY at 2.00pm - Just waiting for confirmation of the close on a 1 hour chart. ATR is at 58 pips - so in theory 100 pips should be possible - however the market is slow today with the Bank Holiday, so I'll just see how it goes and lock in some profit when I can.

Edit:
Only closed 2 pips below support - which is too close for comfort with the GBP/JPY. With the way this thing moves you have to allow at least 5 pips either way of support/resistance. I liken it to driving a porsche at high speed and slamming the brakes on trying to stop exactly on a given line - it's not going to happen.

Looking for a possible short on the GBP/JPY at 2.00pm - Just waiting for confirmation of the close on a 1 hour chart. ATR is at 58 pips - so in theory 100 pips should be possible - however the market is slow today with the Bank Holiday, so I'll just see how it goes and lock in some profit when I can.

Edit:
Only closed 2 pips below support - which is too close for comfort with the GBP/JPY. With the way this thing moves you have to allow at least 5 pips either way of support/resistance. I liken it to driving a porsche at high speed and slamming the brakes on trying to stop exactly on a given line - it's not going to happen.

a bit of patience. the 3 pm us news will rock it :D

ive been waiting for AUDJPY or EURJPY to signal the score, but a dull boring day. hopefully soon.

me thinks there is a high probability of a sharp move on yen pairs, if the numbers signal again housing problems.

j

little bit of uk news

' City trader vanishes after investment collapse, prompting fears of another Nick Leeson'

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...pting+fears+of+another+Nick+Leeson/article.do

Barclays Capital debt executive resigns as ‘SIV-lites’ struggle
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/t...ectors/banking_and_finance/article2317472.ece

HBOS bails out own fund as effect of credit crisis spreads

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/t...ectors/banking_and_finance/article2303044.ece

the words 'house of' and 'cards' come to mind...

talking to a trader of 25 years experience at the weekend he couldn't work out why the central banks had been pumping billions in and reckoned might be something big lurking out there that hasn't come to light yet. He said it was also too early to tell if the financial injection corrected and covered the problem or was just to stop the slide for now.

probably my imagination, but is EURJPY leading the GBPUSD by about 2hrs?
cant help noticing, over past week or so, key turns in EURJPY forewarned of turns on GBPUSD.

probably my imagination, but is EURJPY leading the GBPUSD by about 2hrs?
cant help noticing, over past week or so, key turns in EURJPY forewarned of turns on GBPUSD.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

dig into it, you may have found a pip ATM card if so :eek:

can you show it in a chart? if so, which time frame?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

dig into it, you may have found a pip ATM card if so :eek:

can you show it in a chart? if so, which time frame?

I think we may well drop below 115 by the end of the day for the USDJPY...

So far so good.

I think there will be a big move into the Euro soon. If Fed drops rates China will push the sell button. Just purely my opinion... Either way picnic time for bears... :)

good for you atilla.

im having an awful day. mistake after mistake, computer issues, manage to identify support-resistance very well, but waiting for signals according to rules, and move starts without me. then not being happy with the pullbacks, etc.

just a bad day. had had no losses, which is good. so far 3 long trades on yen pairs, (+16, 0, 1) the ZERO trade a bad stop loss management....missed +50

and 2 missed entries short on yen pairs too, due to computer issues or waiting for signal (missed +50, or missed + 40.....trade on the same side)

so, upset, but hey, im the only one to blame. at least got a bit in the bank :mad:

good for you atilla.

im having an awful day. mistake after mistake, computer issues, manage to identify support-resistance very well, but waiting for signals according to rules, and move starts without me. then not being happy with the pullbacks, etc.

just a bad day. had had no losses, which is good. so far 3 long trades on yen pairs, (+16, 0, 1) the ZERO trade a bad stop loss management....missed +50

and 2 missed entries short on yen pairs too, due to computer issues or waiting for signal (missed +50, or missed + 40.....trade on the same side)

so, upset, but hey, im the only one to blame. at least got a bit in the bank :mad:

Sorry to hear that... I would say that you are a beacon of light to aspiring traders. You trade like an old man who has the wisdom of time and all the time in the world. That's good. I say that sincerely. :)

I'm just checking the prices from time to time... Still short on Dow and USDJPY from yesterday. Tempted to leave it in there for a while. Still no SL. Thinking about having a 100 pip SL now too and leaving the free trades running.

If Clint Eastwood asked how I'm feeling I'd say I was feeling damn lucky back to him and take mi chances. :cool:

EUR/JPY looked good from 1pm. Anyone get in? 100pt fall in 1.5 hours... I misread the graph initially. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that... I would say that you are a beacon of light to aspiring traders. You trade like an old man who has the wisdom of time and all the time in the world. That's good. I say that sincerely. :)

I'm just checking the prices from time to time... Still short on Dow and USDJPY from yesterday. Tempted to leave it in there for a while. Still no SL. Thinking about having a 100 pip SL now too and leaving the free trades running.

If Clint Eastwood asked how I'm feeling I'd say I was feeling damn lucky back to him and take mi chances. :cool:

thanks atilla for your kind words, but me thinks that today I am the beakon of what not to do for any trader.
just one of those days. im closing my platform, wont press my luck any more. the kind of day one shouldnt even get out of bed :LOL: as i say, at least no losses and a tiny profit given the missed trades (basically have 10% profit of what my setups would have yielded withouth mistakes)....then again,

the best part of the day will be the chart i have for my journal. funny, it was a textbook day on euryen. and it will be a textbook case of failure and mistakes. tons of lessons for me.

j

Trend reversal in next minute on EUR/JPY?

ETA: looks like it's going sideways for now.

thanks atilla for your kind words, but me thinks that today I am the beakon of what not to do for any trader.
just one of those days. im closing my platform, wont press my luck any more. the kind of day one shouldnt even get out of bed :LOL: as i say, at least no losses and a tiny profit given the missed trades (basically have 10% profit of what my setups would have yielded withouth mistakes)....then again,

the best part of the day will be the chart i have for my journal. funny, it was a textbook day on euryen. and it will be a textbook case of failure and mistakes. tons of lessons for me.

j

Well you may well be right with your 108 prediction as USDJPY is already at 114.60 regions. Great stuff.

Dow also tanking. Very good day today...