FX Trade Setups, Entries, Management and Exit

eur/usd - Nice looking potential pin bar from an esthetic perspective. Doesn't look so good for a short position if it completes the formation on the current bar. If it closes above yesterday's low and weekly pivot point at 3516, I'll exit.

eur/nzd - pulled trade at 6469 for -3 on 27 risked. MAE 24 / MFE 5. Trade had gone a long way against me and came back to offer me a relatively small loss. It's up against the weekly R1 and the monthly pivot point - a level it breached, but didn't close above earlier.

It's been pointed out to me that I went short into my eur/usd trade earlier just above previously confirmed support. You'd have thought I would have had at least a basic grasp of the basics by now.

I've just gone and done the same stupid thing with the gbp/jpy currently live. The smart thing to do would be to get out now.

gbp/jpy pulled at 157.76 for -19 on 48 risked, MAE 22 / MFE 0. I also messed up the position size and went in 2.5X intended size.

gbp/usd appears to have found support on the daily pivot point at 6212. Moving stop up to 6202.

Be good to see nzd weakening again as there are a number of setups that would fall into place.

gbp/usd if momentum to the upside is confirmed - which means it won't be going any lower than the most recent low of 6191 - basically finding support at today's open - I'll be looking to go long with a stop at 6189 - 5 pips below today's open. It's made a slightly higher low than the 09:30 BST bar and a higher high and the technical trend is up.

Price is currently among a welter of technical s/r levels 6199-6204 so it's definitely no done deal just yet.

ADP Employment change (USD) in 25 minutes. Jason from FXCM mentioned yesterday that this data was being taken as a reasonable proxy for the NFP - which we will be unlikely to get this Friday. Be interesting to see if the actual is close to the the +40K expected, and whether the impact of ADP data release will be anywhere near that which the NFP has.