Entry and exit using point and figure charts.

Legslapper

19 0
1. I would be interested to know if anybody has explored entry on a point and figure chart where say the price has just reversed on a trend line with a cross (bullish). Rather than waiting for a normal double top signal etc... try and enter earlier, especially if there is a potential double top some distance away.

2. If you wait for a sell signal on point and figure chart you could surrender a good deal of profit. Has anybody linked exiting with average true range or any other method.

I would be interested to hear your views. Regards, Legslapper

M

member275544

0 0
1. I would be interested to know if anybody has explored entry on a point and figure chart where say the price has just reversed on a trend line with a cross (bullish). Rather than waiting for a normal double top signal etc... try and enter earlier, especially if there is a potential double top some distance away.

2. If you wait for a sell signal on point and figure chart you could surrender a good deal of profit. Has anybody linked exiting with average true range or any other method.

I would be interested to hear your views. Regards, Legslapper
I'm looking into this at the moment, but having preferred the traditional method, I have no sound evidence just yet.
In the mean time, Dentist007 may be able to help. He does trade in this way, I believe, preferring say to scan on 1% breakouts and then going to lower timeframes and then to 1box reversals. He if anyone would know.
I'll let you know how i get on but with work commitments right now, it may be some time.

Legslapper

19 0
Thanks for your comments -I would be great to speak to the Dentist or anyone else who uses this idea successfully.

rajtest

6 0
i am not really good at P&F garphs but before trading i look at the trading range using PF chart and from there i try to predict the possible power of the price to jump out of the range, if and when it breaks the range.

I am not a small term trader..... my trades are anywhere from 3 days to 60 days long.

i tried to study veries pattern of pf change but i didn't find them too helpful for my trading.....