fx 53 trend following system

i thinkmost people who have fx53 are happy with it and use the ca2 on 1 hour or 5 min charts
hope this helps

Hi all,

very interesting thread. I've been using FX53 since October and am very pleased with my results, although I can't quite get the hang of the 5 min and have diluted my hourly profits as a result.

Like you, I've been urging another CA on 012 but no luck yet!

Chris

hi lemming. i was watching that too. i had sold half yesterday on the 5 min at 14432 and bought back today around 14350. i am using a bigger bank for ca2 purposes (£10k) so was keen to lock in some money. at first i thought id messed up as it zoomed up to 14500 twice !

not that its necessarily relevant but cable just posted a ca2 down (5pm) and £ seems to be getting it up the xxxx all around.

to be fair to kevin though he has always said he does miss some profits in search of the big ones and as i mentioned in an earlier post 50% of 2008 p/l was down to 2 trades ! i know he uses the 5min as a hedge but not for this service it seems.

012 dies a death.....finally. a lot of watching for a 88 tick profit but a profit none the less. i feel much happier with this than the pro service though which i didnt really understand. this complements what i do already and alerts me if im not at screen which is a lot of the time. i find fx53 in general pretty reliable given that the holy grail doesnt exist and unlike the black box systems involves you in the trading. what would be interesting is if it could be applied to stock indices as i do mess around in ftse and dow for longer term plays. has anyone ever asked kevin about this ?

Last edited:
How do i order fx53 and how much does it cost, filled out the form on the site but no reply :-(

he took it off the market as he found dealing with all the admin annoying.he is first and foremost a trader. in some ways gives the product a bit more cred as he could of jsut kept on churning them out. you could try emailing him and just asking ?

012 dies a death.....finally. a lot of watching for a 88 tick profit but a profit none the less. i feel much happier with this than the pro service though which i didnt really understand. this complements what i do already and alerts me if im not at screen which is a lot of the time. i find fx53 in general pretty reliable given that the holy grail doesnt exist and unlike the black box systems involves you in the trading. what would be interesting is if it could be applied to stock indices as i do mess around in ftse and dow for longer term plays. has anyone ever asked kevin about this ?

I asked Kevin about this because I would, also, like to see how FX53 fared with indices and, perhaps, individual equities. I'm fairly convinced that FX53 would be very successful as an aid to trading equities, combined with Level 2 plus Time & Sales data. My personal preference is for the US markets. Masses of liquidity and I don't have to get up at 6.00am every day; well for 5 days anyway:(

The difficulty, here, is finding a suitable charting package company that will a) do the programming and b) maintain the confidentiality of the software. I did suggest a company to Kevin and know that he contacted them. Apparently, he found them accommodating and able to help.

Unfortunately, it's not all good news. We'd need to pay for a software package, be it subscription or purchase outright. In addition, we would, probably, have additional costs for RT data plus exchange fees (if trading futures). Markets like the cash FTSE, DAX, Dow etc. are, only, quoted by the SB companies (to the best of my knowledge).

Last edited:
hi guys. we have ca2 on cable now and a ca2 has just printed on gbp/jpy. missed 013, it came quite late in the day and the four hour looked alright and i was long ftse so felt bullish. goes against what i said about taking them all ! although this saved me money i must stop doing this as i will miss a really solid trade.

before the text service when i was just using it on my own i found fx53 struggles a little when its so choppy. maybe the 5 min works but the hourly has problems. last few weeks have been tricky as no clear trends or direction but lots of volatility. fancy the equity markets to carry on up for a bit which will take the pound with it but its g20 time so who knows !

thanks to alan for info about fx53 application to equities. seems like a mission but it was worth finding out.

hi guys. we have ca2 on cable now and a ca2 has just printed on gbp/jpy. missed 013, it came quite late in the day and the four hour looked alright and i was long ftse so felt bullish. goes against what i said about taking them all ! although this saved me money i must stop doing this as i will miss a really solid trade.

before the text service when i was just using it on my own i found fx53 struggles a little when its so choppy. maybe the 5 min works but the hourly has problems. last few weeks have been tricky as no clear trends or direction but lots of volatility. fancy the equity markets to carry on up for a bit which will take the pound with it but its g20 time so who knows !

thanks to alan for info about fx53 application to equities. seems like a mission but it was worth finding out.

Hi Bongo,

The GBP/JPY has been very difficult to trade for a while now. I'm staying out of it for the time being. Even the on the 5min tf, it's become schizophrenic:confused:

i took 014 but again stopped out overnight....but only just ! price almost back to my entry which was at 14187. its annoying but have had a bit more luck on cable so could be worse. im sure this period will pass.

had a great run on cable again over night and today. ca2 has worked and allowed reload. clearly the yen pair has been a nightmare but the system is working well in other pairs. how is everyone else doing?

Hi Bongo, I'm doing fine as well not a great month but if thats all the market can throw at us in a bad month.bring it on.

The market can throw a lot more than you think, losing money so far this month. Lets see what happens.