Futex Test Paper

tommog

About Trading Arcade's Entry Exam

Hi,

I originally phrased this post in a way that implied I was looking for a detailed examples of tests various arcades make graduates take . This wasn't my intention, however i am interested in any "general advice" experienced prop traders could pass on to new graduates just starting the recruitment process.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Tommog,
I suspect if they find out about this post they will be none too impressed. Tread carefully, one could suspect you are trying to cheat - or at lest thats what they may (rightly or wrongly) summise.

Good start is readup on fundamental events ie FT in a daily basis

The rest will be just mathematical based queastions.

Last edited:
Ok point taken I was just looking for some advice. I wasnt actually looking for all the answers or anything just general advice on the sort of things i should prepare myself for, which i wouldnt class as cheating, however i understand people could take it the wrong way so appreciate you advising me to stop things. I've taken your advice!
Thank you

Last edited:
an entry test sounds like a load of rubbish anyway. what will a test tell anyone, expect whether you can answer some questions that may or may not mean anything.

A test wont tell anyone whether you can or will make a good trader or not.

arb is right

test is complete nonsense., arb is 100% right....dont let these things put you off though..if you find the right place make an effort with expd traders and listen, listen and listen ....and listen again ....then you will learn ...... good luck !

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, regardless of if the test is worth anything or not, it must be taken. I have working been in and around the markets for a few years so am pretty confident on fundamental/technical questions i feel. However I am not sure what to expect from the maths questions. I understand its a mental arithmetic test. I was hoping if someone has sat one of these tests could tell me what I should expect? I know I will do well in this industry because I have proven myself in other related scenarios, but i have never really been tested on my mental maths ability so dont know whether I am up to scratch or not. If the questions are 56x32 79x47 etc and you have 5-10 seconds to work it out without a calculator i'll be fine i'm comfortable enough with numbers to do them all day. But if it drastically more complicated than that with even stricter time constraints I better get some practice in! Anyone had any experience?

Thanks

tommog said:
Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, regardless of if the test is worth anything or not, it must be taken. I have working been in and around the markets for a few years so am pretty confident on fundamental/technical questions i feel. However I am not sure what to expect from the maths questions. I understand its a mental arithmetic test. I was hoping if someone has sat one of these tests could tell me what I should expect? I know I will do well in this industry because I have proven myself in other related scenarios, but i have never really been tested on my mental maths ability so dont know whether I am up to scratch or not. If the questions are 56x32 79x47 etc and you have 5-10 seconds to work it out without a calculator i'll be fine i'm comfortable enough with numbers to do them all day. But if it drastically more complicated than that with even stricter time constraints I better get some practice in! Anyone had any experience?

Thanks

It's not too difficult a test. When i took the tests it was based on the McQuaig tests with a general market knowledge test as well. Read up on the FT, simple trading strategies eg spread hedging. The McQuaig part is split up into two parts, an intelligence test and a psychological "aptness" part. No real studying can be done for these. Basic maths for the intelligence test and the othe psych part it's a word association thing. eg place these words in the order which describe you best etc etc and the words are all frustratingly similar!

You only need to do well enough on the aptitude and market part to get yourself a 1st round interview. nothing really to worry about.

Aptitute Test with Futex

Hi guys!

How are you? I have been invited at the first stage with Futex. I heard about them good things, I am studying to prepare myself.
My worries are the verbal reasoning test and the technical. Someone knows very well how it is specifically the questions and the time, maybe there are 4 parts: logical, numerical, tecnnical and motivational.
It is easy I think for a british but for a foreign graduate as me it would be quite hard to pass, believe me!!
Anyway suggestions or questions are of interest to me!
Please I am waiting for your responses...

Cheers,

BILLY

Hey Billy77

When will you be having the assessment?
I will be attending one too.
Just curious what is your academic stats?

billy77 said:
Hi guys!

How are you? I have been invited at the first stage with Futex. I heard about them good things, I am studying to prepare myself.
My worries are the verbal reasoning test and the technical. Someone knows very well how it is specifically the questions and the time, maybe there are 4 parts: logical, numerical, tecnnical and motivational.
It is easy I think for a british but for a foreign graduate as me it would be quite hard to pass, believe me!!
Anyway suggestions or questions are of interest to me!
Please I am waiting for your responses...

Cheers,

BILLY

Hi man!

Tokumori said:
When will you be having the assessment?
I will be attending one too.
Just curious what is your academic stats?

Hi,

Nice to meet you. My name is Alessandro, I graduated in Milan BA (Hons) 2:1 in Economics of Financial Institutions and of the Financial Markets with a research thesis in Econometrics.
I am 28 years old and I live permanent in London from more than 1 year, at the moment I am studying towards FSA Qualifications in order to work in sales/trading desk.
We can have a chat over the phone if you want so we can exchange informations and opinions, I have had hundreds of interviews in London and believe me prop trader is the secret!
If you can find something there go for it and get experience...I received an offer from a top tier brokerage firm with a position of prop trader but I will be self-employed and I will receive split from the trading profits.
Futex is fine, the head of the training accept my application and they are really interested but I sent the questions 2 days ago so...I am waiting for an official invitation.
Do you know when there will be a test and the hour? We can meet together there or talking on the phone, up to you.
If you have time email me at the following address so I can give you my private number.
If you are online we can have a chat...I have msm as well.

Cheers,

BILLY

Hi again

Thanks for th kind responce.
I will introduce myself via e-mail.
here's my e-mail address:
[email protected]
btw, didn't find your e-mail address on the thread....

billy77 said:
Hi,

Nice to meet you. My name is Alessandro, I graduated in Milan BA (Hons) 2:1 in Economics of Financial Institutions and of the Financial Markets with a research thesis in Econometrics.
I am 28 years old and I live permanent in London from more than 1 year, at the moment I am studying towards FSA Qualifications in order to work in sales/trading desk.
We can have a chat over the phone if you want so we can exchange informations and opinions, I have had hundreds of interviews in London and believe me prop trader is the secret!
If you can find something there go for it and get experience...I received an offer from a top tier brokerage firm with a position of prop trader but I will be self-employed and I will receive split from the trading profits.
Futex is fine, the head of the training accept my application and they are really interested but I sent the questions 2 days ago so...I am waiting for an official invitation.
Do you know when there will be a test and the hour? We can meet together there or talking on the phone, up to you.
If you have time email me at the following address so I can give you my private number.
If you are online we can have a chat...I have msm as well.

Cheers,

BILLY

Good luck you guys......I failed the first interview with Futex last week!

Last edited:
I failed the tests with Futex!
I found this rather ironic seeing as I have made thousands of percent on my trading account in the space of a year, have an "edge" and probably know most of what they would teach me anyway - not based on arrogance but rather on what they explained to us all.

whyohwhy said:
Good luck you guys......I failed the first interview with Futex last week!

trader_dante said:
I failed the tests with Futex!
I found this rather ironic seeing as I have made thousands of percent on my trading account in the space of a year, have an "edge" and probably know most of what they would teach me anyway - not based on arrogance but rather on what they explained to us all.

Sorry to hear that trader. Dont know about you but I left with the feeling they want someone very specific, and someone who can moulded easily. It also seemed to me, what you think you know does not count for much. What this elusive quality is, goes over my head, but then "very few have left" (they have 50 or so there at present), so maybe they are on to something???

Trader dante, what do you plan to do now?

Hi Trader and whyohwhy

Dont feel bad, I failed too last year November. It couldnt be the maths test, cause I do engineering maths every day. But what bothers me is that during the interview (there were 3 of us) he didnt even look at me once! But whyohwhy is right, theyre looking for someone specific.

I recommend u guys try Met Traders. I liked them.