Futex Test Paper

I didn't get much of a feeling either way as I didn't get an interview with them. I was told they would not be pursuing my application further after my test results. I asked for feedback on the tests to see if I could see where I was going wrong but I never heard anything from them.

I had a negative feeling about the test anyway because there were a lot of blanks on my maths test - I haven't had to do long division or decimals for years and was taking far too long. Like anything - there is a simple rule and it's a matter of knowing it!

Like you said, I am sure they do want someone who can be moulded.

At the moment I am working as a journalist in the city. Leaving my job in July to trade full time. I wanted to get a desk at one of the arcades but to be honest with you, that's just because I want to be around other traders, I can make a lot of money spreadbetting from home.

What about you?

whyohwhy said:
Sorry to hear that trader. Dont know about you but I left with the feeling they want someone very specific, and someone who can moulded easily. It also seemed to me, what you think you know does not count for much. What this elusive quality is, goes over my head, but then "very few have left" (they have 50 or so there at present), so maybe they are on to something???

Trader dante, what do you plan to do now?

trader_dante said:
I didn't get much of a feeling either way as I didn't get an interview with them. I was told they would not be pursuing my application further after my test results. I asked for feedback on the tests to see if I could see where I was going wrong but I never heard anything from them.

I had a negative feeling about the test anyway because there were a lot of blanks on my maths test - I haven't had to do long division or decimals for years and was taking far too long. Like anything - there is a simple rule and it's a matter of knowing it!

Like you said, I am sure they do want someone who can be moulded.

At the moment I am working as a journalist in the city. Leaving my job in July to trade full time. I wanted to get a desk at one of the arcades but to be honest with you, that's just because I want to be around other traders, I can make a lot of money spreadbetting from home.

What about you?

I wanted to go into an arcade for the same reason, to be around other traders....for the buzz, for the like minded conversation about the markets, and to be as close as possible to the action. Its also due to the lonely nature of electronic trading that some/most of us feel a need to be with other traders.

Ive been involved with the markets for 6 years now, and would love to make a full transition to trading full time, as I, like many, think I have found my edge and only need some backing to trade my ideas and observations. So for now the 'day' job continues untill the next opportunity shows itself.

Your SB experiences seem a carbon copy to mine. When I get a moment i'll send you an email (I can name names then!).

I think tests are used to filter candidates and cut the numbers down. Even smaller trading firms get a massive response when trading vacancies are advertised let alone the big investment banks. The tests aren't particularly challenging but when you take into consideration a time constraint, then it becomes trickier. I can't see how these tests relate to becoming a rounded trader.

I can't see how these tests relate to becoming a rounded trader.
Im sure they dont relate at all to becoming a rounded trader. I would be pretty confident they relate to measuring the speed of your mind and your analytical ability !!:smart:

Im sure they dont relate at all to becoming a rounded trader. I would be pretty confident they relate to measuring the speed of your mind and your analytical ability !!:smart:

But it is hard to see how someone can become a successful trader if they can't add and do some middle-school word association.

I'm pretty much challenged with numerical dyslexia, but that doesn't harm my trading at all.

I mean hey, for entries / exits I do visual stuff off of charts, calculating position sizes / stop loss levels etc can all be automated, so no need really for mental maths skills which I just totally do not have.

It's left side / right side of the brain stuff, several studies have shown that the first born - in my case an older brother - gets the logical, linear left side of the brain more strongly developed, while the second born - ie me -, gets a more developed intuitive, holistic right side of the brain.

What can I say, between my brother and me that just totally applies.

brainorg.jpg

0,,5675247,00.gif

Is this dancer turning clockwise or anticlockwise for you ?

Answer first, then click on the test below:

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test

Last edited:
I'm right brained then according to the test, and left handed.Though i associate more readily with the left brained descriptions.

PS. BSD are you german, or an english person living in deutschland?

I ask as ihr englisch ist zehr gut!

Is this dancer turning clockwise or anticlockwise for you ?

Funny thing is I can make her go in both directions. There's a pendulum test like this and I can make that swing both ways too - so to speak.

Never mind which way she's turning....

...have you got her phone number?

I'm German J.

:)

Thanks btw RE my English, but I'm a pretty typical Third Culture Kid that grew up in lots of foreign countries following my parents around, and kids just pick up languages without effort.

Would be nice if the same applied for grown-ups, lol.

Never mind which way she's turning....

...have you got her phone number?

Aha, I can tell straight away, great minds think alike :D

I'm right brained then according to the test, and left handed.Though i associate more readily with the left brained descriptions.

I ask as ihr englisch ist zehr gut!

Excellent Jayster!!!!

BTW It's sehr nicht zehr.

i just realised. was going to edit the z but couldn't be arsed! Redigieren ist langweilig!

Ich auch nicht, aber wir rufen sie einfach an, und bitten Sie dann persönlich für einen Tanz andersrum.

:D

J, just said we'll give her a call and ask for a private, personal demonstration, as for me she's only turning one way too, clockwise.

But the good thing is, others can see her dancing two ways, but we're the ones getting to meet her.

:D