Futex position

Victor90

Hi!
I sent a email to futex with my CV and they said it matched their requirements. And now i am going to have a assessment with them, i know the chances are still slim. But its still a first step! :clap:

Anyone have experience with them and thier assessment?

Btw, a special thanks to eveyone here who convinced me not to pay for a traniee spot at another firm! :)

Hi!
I sent a email to futex with my CV and they said it matched their requirements. And now i am going to have a assessment with them, i know the chances are still slim. But its still a first step! :clap:

Anyone have experience with them and thier assessment?

Btw, a special thanks to eveyone here who convinced me not to pay for a traniee spot at another firm! :)

So, what are their requirements? A decent degree? Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes. :)

Well, they didnt really write their requirements but i guess they dont care at all for a degree since im still in high school! Haha :)
However, i made a really nice CV, looked soooo good! haha
but i guess they take in 50 persons for a assesment and then choose from them, guess thats what most prop firms do.

Anyway, im really worried about the nummercy test! :S

Skog,

Futex don't rely on degrees - it's irrelevant to ability or potential.

Victor,

Are they going to cover the cost of your training/desk fees, etc? May be an idea to find out.

Grant.

Skog,

Futex don't rely on degrees - it's irrelevant to ability or potential.

Victor,

Are they going to cover the cost of your training/desk fees, etc? May be an idea to find out.

Grant.

Well, they back their traders with capital after the 6 months traning so i guess they are going to pay for the desk fee. If not its worth it becuse they wouldnt let me trade if im not making profits. :)

Victor,

"they back their traders with capital after the 6 months traning so i guess they are going to pay for the desk fee".

No, you'll pay for the 6-months' training (which will include desk fees), and if they think you have potential after 6 months, then they'll back you. Otherwise, you'll have to back yourself.:)Ha, Ha.

Do you intend to go to university after school or try to get into trading?

Grant.

Skog,

OK, I'll rephrase. Futex don't rely on degrees because they consider it's irrelevant to ability or potential.

Are you saying a degree is relevant to trading/potential? If so, do you consider a lack of degree leads to inevitable (or probable)failure?

From my knowledge of Futex, many of the senior staff/management are ex-LIFFE. Who would you listen to - ex-pit or human resources?

Perhaps as a general question addressed to anyone is, what are the arguments for employing only graduates for trading positions; what are the qualities of a graduate vs a non-graduate which are apparent or bought to the fore in trading?

Grant.

Well, they didnt really write their requirements but i guess they dont care at all for a degree since im still in high school! Haha :)
However, i made a really nice CV, looked soooo good! haha
but i guess they take in 50 persons for a assesment and then choose from them, guess thats what most prop firms do.

Anyway, im really worried about the nummercy test! :S

Victor,

For the numeracy test you need to be able to do long multiplication and division quickly.

Practice sums like 1247 X 81 on paper. Try and get faster and faster at doing them.

Victor,

For the numeracy test you need to be able to do long multiplication and division quickly.

Practice sums like 1247 X 81 on paper. Try and get faster and faster at doing them.

Okey, i bought a really good book for that. It teaches how to do 8438*78478 in your head in 5 sec. It really works, however, im not that fast yet. :)

Why buy it when it's "free" online :)

Started reading this book a while ago, but haven't had the time to follow up. But it's a great book. Highly recommended to anyone who must be able to do large calculations in the head as quickly as possible. I've seen other arcade interviewees recommend it.

The earlier you start to put the methods learned into practice (weeks/months), the better prepared you'll be at the day of the interview. :)

Well, I buy it becuse i like the feel of a book. Just like i will never take a Online Drink! :LOL: