Full Time Trading-Health insurance

Mr.J-Arthur

Hey traders,

I'm quite new to active trading (in the USA), but now that I'm actually bringing in profit, I was wondering what kind of health insurance plan do you guys pay into?

Any particular company/brand and how much do you pay?
I was browsing around and there's quite a range of monthly payments, starting at 70$ a month-160$. I'm looking for a range of 100-150$/month.

:clap: thanks

Hey traders,

I'm quite new to active trading (in the USA), but now that I'm actually bringing in profit, I was wondering what kind of health insurance plan do you guys pay into?

I was browsing around and there's quite a range of monthly payments, starting at 70$ a month-160$. I'm looking for a range of 100-150$/month.

As you may know, in the UK we have compulsory government-organised health insurance (with the option of private extra if you wish) which is comprehensive in its cover but not without its critics of delivery.

What sort of cover and delivery do you get in USA for the amounts you quote - and are they average sort of prices? Just wondering how UK & USA compare in respect of healthcare.

I'm 22 and in perfect and that's what I would pay--around $90ish for full comprehensive according to the last quote I got. Currently I have no health insurance and am looking into some options that my state offers (wa state). Also if you go with the low monthly payment (~90 is low) you will get stuck with a huge premium before you can actually use it -- the premium I would have had to pay was around $2000.00. The only insurance provider that I have had that would be in your area would be Blue Cross Blue Shield and I had pretty good luck with them, but they can be quite expensive.

But the premium's normally worth paying. You only really want insurance for those dire situations where you need surgery or other major treatment. And at that point, you won't worry about the first $2000. Plus you should be able to get some sort of no-claims discount after a year.

Hey traders,

National Association for the Self-Employed

Hi...
I too had the same doubt but your posting helped good...
Can you explain about this
What's the deal with a child rider? Can anyone explain it to me? Can a child be declined for a rider? Does the child have be a certain age?
Thanks...

As you may know, in the UK we have compulsory government-organised health insurance (with the option of private extra if you wish) which is comprehensive in its cover but not without its critics of delivery.

What sort of cover and delivery do you get in USA for the amounts you quote - and are they average sort of prices? Just wondering how UK & USA compare in respect of healthcare.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most common health insurance options for individuals is an HMO. An HMO is a Health Maintenance Organization. It is basically a network of healthcare providers assembled to treat patients in accordance with the organization's guidelines and restrictions in exchange for the organization bringing patients to these healthcare professionals. HMOs allow people to get medical care at affordable prices because the prices are set and agreed upon by the healthcare providers in the organization.

Hey traders,

hi,,,
You haven't mentioned in which area are you living.If you are a resident of USA there are thousands of individual as well as family insurance plans available there.In case you are an employee ask your employer for this benefit.