Ftse shares

It's made up almost all the ground lost since October, but on the daily chart I have it looks overbought on the Slow STO, with the MACD (on standard settings) indicating declining upward momentum, and no recent upsurge in volume, which would militate against fancying it. That's a short term view however. Do you think it has the potential to break 100 in the next month?

I have it on my watch list and i think it has great potential ...main markets looking toppy so this may screw for a while ...think a little fall back to 91/92 would be a good buy or a hold around this level if main markets decline.

I think it's interesting as is showing signs of improving in Stage 1 (the basing phase) after it's long two year Stage 4 downtrend (the declining phase). Relative performance versus the S&P 500 has recovered over the last 6 months and it is close to going positive on the weekly chart and already has on the daily chart. Volume is a bit lackluster though, but there has been a small amount of accumulation over the last month. The 200 day MA is still declining though and there's some near term resistance just above 100 that was both support and resistance earlier in the year. So the Stage 2 (advancing stage) breakout point is above that recent 96 swing high and the swing target if it did breakout from the little H&S pattern that's formed over the last three months would be to 121.4 imo. So it's has some potential if it breaks out that is, as the base is still relatively small after such a long drop off, and so may need more time. But thanks it's one for my watchlist that I hadn't seen.

Attachments

• EMG-L_Weekly_16_1_13.png
    EMG-L_Weekly_16_1_13.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 252
I had an initial bite when I thought it had broken out of a range last September but that finished up a scratched trade and it returned into range, although never reached lows.

Now it is about at the top of the range and I'll want to see it make its way through the "resistance" zone of 94-96 before I get interested again.

It was a super mover for my retracement style on its way up to the dizzy 700 heights and on its way back down again. Whether it will move in the same measured way again time will tell.

just listing some stocks on here that i think have potential ...see how my system works out over a few weeks ....BG Group ticker BG.L

In the current markets there is a new method to picking shares …just fire a dart at a list of them lol

The main markets are looking a bit undecided at the moment but retail stocks mks.l, sbry.l go on the list. Anyone buy man group?

Still have the FTSE threatening to retrace. I have no real experience in individual stocks so I'm guessing most of the 100 will follow if it happens. BG.L off the list for now MKS.L seems to have sold off on news but has had a nice rebound so stays on the list.... both SBRY.L and EMG.L have done well but I expected more from EMG..XTA.L goes on the list.

Some from the FTSE350 GNC.L, SMDR.L, TRI.L, TALK.L ...see what you think.

of course any big fall in the main indices will probably skew but I don't think the bears are hungry enough at the mo ...price action for me seems to suggest room for some jiggery pokery... sure we've had a little punch in volume last week but this might be just profit taking and we are getting close to the first quarter ...

Still have the FTSE threatening to retrace. I have no real experience in individual stocks so I'm guessing most of the 100 will follow if it happens. BG.L off the list for now MKS.L seems to have sold off on news but has had a nice rebound so stays on the list.... both SBRY.L and EMG.L have done well but I expected more from EMG..XTA.L goes on the list.

Some from the FTSE350 GNC.L, SMDR.L, TRI.L, TALK.L ...see what you think.

of course any big fall in the main indices will probably skew but I don't think the bears are hungry enough at the mo ...price action for me seems to suggest room for some jiggery pokery... sure we've had a little punch in volume last week but this might be just profit taking and we are getting close to the first quarter ...

If the FTSE futures are signalling a negative start tomorrow I'd consider shorting any or all of:

ANTO
EVR
LLOY
RIO
VED

However, if there are strong positive signs, perhaps on relief at the Cyprus bailout being possibly sorted, I'd consider going long on:

AFR
BARC
FGP
PFC
RSL
SMDS

That's purely from a day trading perspective though, and some may open or move in a contrary way, in which case I won't touch them.

If the FTSE futures are signalling a negative start tomorrow I'd consider shorting any or all of:

ANTO
EVR
LLOY
RIO
VED

However, if there are strong positive signs, perhaps on relief at the Cyprus bailout being possibly sorted, I'd consider going long on:

AFR
BARC

FGP
PFC
RSL
SMDS

That's purely from a day trading perspective though, and some may open or move in a contrary way, in which case I won't touch them.

any longer term buys templar?

ANTO
EVR
LLOY
RIO
VED

AFR
BARC
FGP
PFC
RSL
SMDS

BARC...yes but it will follow FTSE.... AFR strange price action but I have been watching for a while as well and would favour long mid term at the mo

Hi chaps

Just joined T2W as I am looking at trying to improve on my trading plan and increase my portfolio. I came across your forum and hope you don't mind me picking up on your ideas etc.

Qfi.l

looks like a good buy to me ...anyone ?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_447 Sep. 13 08.39.jpg
    ScreenHunter_447 Sep. 13 08.39.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 189