FTSE EOD data verification

ivorm

I use a data feed for FTSE EOD data. Now and again when I'm looking at a chart I notice that one of the past day's bar is hopelessly wrong. (There have been occasions where the decimal point is in the wrong place !!) Of course this can completely throw my analysis (such that it is :rolleyes: )

Anyway, my question is : Is there a web site where I can get the OHLC for a specific share on a particular day so that I can correct/edit my own data ?

TIA

Regards,

Ivor

ivorm said:
I use a data feed for FTSE EOD data. Now and again when I'm looking at a chart I notice that one of the past day's bar is hopelessly wrong. (There have been occasions where the decimal point is in the wrong place !!) Of course this can completely throw my analysis (such that it is :rolleyes: )

Anyway, my question is : Is there a web site where I can get the OHLC for a specific share on a particular day so that I can correct/edit my own data ?

TIA

Regards,

Ivor

yahoo has pretty useful historical data for the FTSE100 boys. havent checked recently to see if they still do it, but watch out, as the open price is basically the previous days close, which we know isnt strictly the case.

aha, just checked.

here is anglo-am for example...

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=AAL.L&b=24&a=04&c=1999&e=9&d=11&f=2004&g=d

hope this helps.

FC

Use US data! Sorry to be negative but at best the data available to us in the UK is utter tish-I believe it is deliberate protectionism. Look for example at the fantastic free data from OptionsXpress .

was you able to find anything?

TIA

Regards,

Ivor

FTSE = Financial Times Stock Exchange Index, Financial Times is UK paper, so, an answer to your question is at www.Ft.com at market data section :)