Ftse (copy) shares

tar

Legendary member
Hi , which uk shares that moves the same as ftse100 ? i want cheap and non ( volitalie ) shares that if ftse goes up it goes up and if ftse 100 goes down it goes down , i want to trade them instead of the ftse100
any one experienced here ?

You could do this but you could also trade FTSE100 i-Shares. These are priced at about 10% the value of the index (so appr. 554p at present) and track the FTSE100 within about 2%. They even pay an average dividend derived from the 100 member shares. See iShares International.

Hi , which uk shares that moves the same as ftse100 ? i want cheap and non ( volitalie ) shares that if ftse goes up it goes up and if ftse 100 goes down it goes down , i want to trade them instead of the ftse100

You could download the data from yahoo finance, which is free, paste it in a spreadsheet and calculate the correlations; it may take some time, but you will be able to make you own choices.
If you use some kind of software (I use MetaStock, for example) you can do this by programming it to find the correlations for you.
Finally if you subscribe to Sharescope, Updata or a similar, they'll give you the correlations as part of their service.

Eduardo.

the shares with the greatest weighting in the index will have the biggest bearing on the ftse.

however this will vary as there will always be sector rotation.

why not join the technical trader section of this site and learn how to trade us equities from grey 1. the man!

Thanks all
You could do this but you could also trade FTSE100 i-Shares. These are priced at about 10% the value of the index (so appr. 554p at present) and track the FTSE100 within about 2%. They even pay an average dividend derived from the 100 member shares. See iShares International.
I found at Igindex uk top 100 tracker -ISF , i think this is what r u talking about but the spread is 2.8 points !! . u say within 2 % do u mean there is some gap with the ftse100 ? cuz i saw this at the charts , can we take advantage from this gap ?

Hi tar - ISF is the right EPIC code but you are looking at spreadbetting the price of the share. I am talking about actually buying the ISF shares, just like any others. Try a regular stockbroker, not a spreabetter. My broker quotes it as Bid: 561.75p / Offer: 562.5p. Spread therefore only 0.75p. This is a tiny overhead when buying any share (though you must add on commission and any tax due). Obviously the spreadbetter does not charge commission and there is no tax on a spreadbet but get a quote valid for your region and work out which is the better deal.