FTSE 250 stock investing.

Now Gentlemen, a little elaboration wouldn't go amiss, swing trading, long term hold, capitol appreciation, dividend return...etc etc ???

:LOL: ok. I trade ftse 100 shares off the daily. A few bells and whistles but basically 3+bar retracement with initial target previous high (low). This describes it more fully http://www.trade2win.com/articles/2006-trading-business from page 2.

Thanks for the input, the pe's on FTSE 100 shares seem ok, but i have been reluctant to build a long term portfolio simply because of the amount of global debt and the DOW's ability to defy gravity, it's a toss up between swing trading over a few weeks / months to building a longer term strategy, also looked at REIT's....any thought on these as opposed to buying Buy To Let........or Buy To Get Trashed...lol..:p

Thanks for the input, the pe's on FTSE 100 shares seem ok, but i have been reluctant to build a long term portfolio simply because of the amount of global debt and the DOW's ability to defy gravity, it's a toss up between swing trading over a few weeks / months to building a longer term strategy, also looked at REIT's....any thought on these as opposed to buying Buy To Let........or Buy To Get Trashed...lol..:p

Aye, so far as the long term portfolio is concerned I’ve been scared into cash then back in a few times as the long bull run goes on. Not touched the relatively high yielders though like gsk, hsbc. Bit overweight in banks atm as the ppi saga draws to a close, although it seems to be going on forever.

Aye, so far as the long term portfolio is concerned I’ve been scared into cash then back in a few times as the long bull run goes on. Not touched the relatively high yielders though like gsk, hsbc. Bit overweight in banks atm as the ppi saga draws to a close, although it seems to be going on forever.

LLOY seem to be spending less and less on it and seem well covered, running at 4.93% yield.

Now Gentlemen, a little elaboration wouldn't go amiss, swing trading, long term hold, capitol appreciation, dividend return...etc etc ???

mine is more long term, i take signals off weekly charts. you might call it long term hold, however all signals are based off entry and exit criteria so i dont just "hold" as it were and likely signals will take months
its all about capital appreciation at the end of the day, its inevitable however when holding for so long, that I do get dividends. which does help

as for being in cash, im not 100% invested, but very close to. I dont take any notice of fundamentals in stocks, i find them pretty meaningless (as in not that i dont understand, im an ex accountant, just that they dont figure into my criteria in the slightest)
and right now everything is going very nicely. yes the markets are/seem high, but thats all relative. i'll exit when i get the signal
im also not 100% in ftse and look at the S&P also
not sure if that helps at all sonic

Hi, i already have a tried and tested strategy i have used for 20+ years im happy with, just interesting to see if anyone else has interest in investing as opposed to just spread betting etc...........im just steadily investing in several areas, i did once own several properties which were on rent and lease, but it now seems a hassle i don't want to have again.