Free Trading Tool Box

lkuoza

Hello all,

We are a developing trading tool – actiTRADER. It is a freeware tool for back-testing and trading mechanical trading systems. We are just in the beginning of the development and recently released very first version. We plan to evolve it in response to users requests and opinions. Therefore we need help to determine which features are needed from the product. Any participation is highly appreciated.

You can get more information and download a free copy at www.actitrader.com.

Leonid Kuoza
Actimind, Inc.

It is an interesting idea and I'm sure there will be some response from members.

IMO - for any backtesting to be of any value, you've got to use tick data, no matter the time frame one is trading.

Did any of our software-experienced members try this toolbox?? Comments???

Thanks

Hittfeld

BBB

surely that depends on what entry / exit method youre using.

Last edited:
EOD prices would be enough if you are short-term/swing trading. I'll check out that software and see what its like!

pkfryer said:
EOD prices would be enough if you are short-term/swing trading. I'll check out that software and see what its like!

end of day prices arent deep enough for me as a MT position trader :eek: let alone ST swinging

when i say EOD I mean: open,high,low,close. Surely thats enough for short term trading

pkfryer said:
when i say EOD I mean: open,high,low,close. Surely thats enough for short term trading

i realise what you meant by EOD, for proper analysis id need data down to 30 min as i use a 30 min chart for entry.

Could not download

I tried to download from www.actitrader.com using Netscape and using Explorer. Both failed. The msg I get is:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /actiTRADER/ on this server.

:confused: :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at products.actimind.com Port 80

lkuoza said:
Hello all,

We are a developing trading tool – actiTRADER. It is a freeware tool for back-testing and trading mechanical trading systems. We are just in the beginning of the development and recently released very first version. We plan to evolve it in response to users requests and opinions. Therefore we need help to determine which features are needed from the product. Any participation is highly appreciated.

You can get more information and download a free copy at www.actitrader.com.

Leonid Kuoza
Actimind, Inc.