Free TA/Charting stuff...

Sikorsky

Hi folks,

Don’t know if this will be of interest to anyone but…..

As a bit of a VBA/Excel smart-**** (geek) I designed myself an application a while back with the intention of replacing Sharescope – which as you probably know is relatively pricey and carries ongoing subscription fees. Well, it was fairly successful – gives me OHLC Candlestick charts, a closing price graph with a trend line and 4 different moving averages, volume histogram with a moving average, MACD Histogram and a Stochastics chart which shows 3 different speeds. All of these can be called up for any stock over any period. Obviously not as flexible as Sharescope (and it is a little slower) but for my trading now I find it is all I need – plus it costs me precisely nothing on an ongoing basis.

Anyway, I’d be happy to let other people use it if they want. You’ll need Excel 97 or later (I guess it would work on earlier versions but I haven’t actually tried it so I wouldn’t like to say for certain) and you’ll have to send me an SAE and a CDR to copy the stuff on to.

Drop me a mail at [email protected] if you’re interested.

Hi Sikorsky,

Did you say FREE!!!!!???

OK, I'm interested, but can you put fibs in there by any chance...
and also the ability to add a certain percentage to a stocks hi or lo price and get levels that way?

Cheers....

would be very interested!

Hello,
Please count me in.
I already sent you an email! :)

Thanks,
Champtrade

Hello all,

Wow, thanks for all your emails! I've replied to each of you individually with my address and it shouldn't take me more than a few days to get the stuff back to you once the SAE turns up.

Dsmodi, I don't have plans to add any more functions at this stage as this would actually involve me doing some work which is obviously to be avoided at all costs! Maybe in the future, but I don't want to make any promises at this stage.

Cheers folks,
Mark.