Found something special..share?

spiderbyte87

So after jumping in head first and paying my tuition to the tune of about $5,000, I decided to take trading seriously. I have spent the last 6 months reading and trying to find a profitable system. I tried every imaginable combination of indicators, and every imaginable technique. On several occasions, I thought I'd found my key to riches, only to backtest further and find that I was too quick to get excited..

About a week ago I discovered a simple pattern that I can't seem find anywhere on the internet. After backtesting, I think I may have found something special. It isn't the 'holy grail', but it takes me so heavily into profit so often that I'm finally ready to end my search.

I have no intentions of selling it, especially as one of the indicators I use was purchased by me and I would run into legal problems with that anyway. I just want to give back to this community after all my lurking has provided me with so much knowledge.

I would like opinions on whether or not I should share my system with everyone after I can prove its worth on a live account for a few months, or simply trade quietly on my own. I know from personal experience that trading another person's system isn't usually a good idea, so I don't want to lead someone down an unprofitable path, but I really do think people might be able to glean something useful from it.

I just want to give back.. any ideas?

I actually have that built into my trading plan!

I also have an elaborate plan for once I am wealthy enough to really throw money around. I want to donate a large sum to a high school for the opportunity to take a student of my choosing under my wing. The plan being to teach him or her to trade and give them startup money, with the understanding that they will give back in a significant way within 5 years. Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I like the idea of "pay it forward".

Ok after some thought and research I've decided to keep the 'secret' to myself. I realized that if I had been given this system months ago I would've traded it poorly and lost money, and discarded it like every other so-called holy grail out there. Successful trading is more contingent on from experience than anything else, and I can't give experience away.

Maybe I just need to find a good charity as Vasco da Banana suggested =/

So after jumping in head first and paying my tuition to the tune of about $5,000, I decided to take trading seriously. I have spent the last 6 months reading and trying to find a profitable system. I tried every imaginable combination of indicators, and every imaginable technique. On several occasions, I thought I'd found my key to riches, only to backtest further and find that I was too quick to get excited..

About a week ago I discovered a simple pattern that I can't seem find anywhere on the internet. After backtesting, I think I may have found something special. It isn't the 'holy grail', but it takes me so heavily into profit so often that I'm finally ready to end my search.

I have no intentions of selling it, especially as one of the indicators I use was purchased by me and I would run into legal problems with that anyway. I just want to give back to this community after all my lurking has provided me with so much knowledge.

I would like opinions on whether or not I should share my system with everyone after I can prove its worth on a live account for a few months, or simply trade quietly on my own. I know from personal experience that trading another person's system isn't usually a good idea, so I don't want to lead someone down an unprofitable path, but I really do think people might be able to glean something useful from it.

I just want to give back.. any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Ideas ?..........i'm sure the T2W community are goin to provide you with plenty dude........and it took nearly 6 months to find the holy grail ?........what kept you ? :cool:

N

Ok after some thought and research I've decided to keep the 'secret' to myself. I realized that if I had been given this system months ago I would've traded it poorly and lost money, and discarded it like every other so-called holy grail out there. Successful trading is more contingent on from experience than anything else, and I can't give experience away.

Maybe I just need to find a good charity as Vasco da Banana suggested =/

yep probably best ...........and perhaps test it real time for a while as that real time Market action does tend to bump most "Grail" products around a little........no offence but it does (y)

N

@NVP - I wish it were the holy grail, but you and I know the grail doesn't exist. The reason I believe I was able to figure this out so quickly is I have an obsessive personality and a knack for finding patterns. I actually took a cognition test when I was a kid because I was having problems in school.. I came out in the 99.9th percentile on spatial pattern recognition. The guy administering the test had never seen anything like it.. I did really poorly in other areas though, so I'm no genius just someone who may be naturally suited for this line of work.

what do you mean about the fish?? is that a british saying? (i'm from the states)

@NVP - I wish it were the holy grail, but you and I know the grail doesn't exist. The reason I believe I was able to figure this out so quickly is I have an obsessive personality and a knack for finding patterns. I actually took a cognition test when I was a kid because I was having problems in school.. I came out in the 99.9th percentile on spatial pattern recognition. The guy administering the test had never seen anything like it.. I did really poorly in other areas though, so I'm no genius just someone who may be naturally suited for this line of work.

what do you mean about the fish?? is that a british saying? (i'm from the states)

Hey S

no worries ......just pulling your leg a little ...........and yes traders do tend to score high on this type of testing...........good luck with the trading (y)

N

I came out in the 99.9th percentile on spatial pattern recognition.

Is this something that is also seen in a number of people who have autism or bordering on it ?

Is this something that is also seen in a number of people who have autism or bordering on it ?

I worked with a chap last year who had something similar...........I was trying to help him and his family find something that appealed to his talents ......

I was never going to recommend that they let them him near real money though as he had no concept of value or what was being risked .......

a bit like city traders then ? :cool:

N

Haha I'm definately not autistic, but I could see how you'd lean that way. I do remember when they gave me the test that during the spatial pattern recognition portion I felt like that guy from A Beautiful Mind though.. the answers were just jumping out at me without any thought. On other subjects I felt like I was drowning in information (math = killmenow).

I recently got into the whole MBTI thing and found out I'm an ESTP, which is drastically different from the vast majority of traders (INTJ). Not sure if that is good or bad, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Haha I'm definately not autistic, but I could see how you'd lean that way

Sorry I was not in any way implying that you were. I have a relation who has astonishing capabilities and who sounds like you in some ways. For example, you can give him any date in history and he will tell you instantly what day of the week it was on. He also has something called synesthesia which he believed (when a child) that everyone had until he was told that this is a rarity. His abilities allowed him to go to Oxford University with no conditional exam results which is almost unheard of although he did get excellent grades anyway.

Sorry I was not in any way implying that you were. I have a relation who has astonishing capabilities and who sounds like you in some ways. For example, you can give him any date in history and he will tell you instantly what day of the week it was on. He also has something called synesthesia which he believed (when a child) that everyone had until he was told that this is a rarity. His abilities allowed him to go to Oxford University with no conditional exam results which is almost unheard of although he did get excellent grades anyway.

Holy crap that is amazing! I have a cousin with severe autism and although he's socially inept, he can break anything down to its individual components then reassemble it back to its original working order. When I say he takes things apart, I mean he will take every component off of a circuit board. Crazy stuff.

Holy crap that is amazing! I have a cousin with severe autism and although he's socially inept, he can break anything down to its individual components then reassemble it back to its original working order. When I say he takes things apart, I mean he will take every component off of a circuit board. Crazy stuff.

if you wish to share it without giving secret away why not sign up to etoro . then loads can copy your trades and you will get a badge for each set of copiers. .

if you wish to share it without giving secret away why not sign up to etoro . then loads can copy your trades and you will get a badge for each set of copiers. .

Isn't eToro just forex and commodities? If I could trade ES with them I might look into it, but honestly trade copying feels a little superficial to me. I want to make an actual impact, not just help some greedy punters looking to benefit from my hard work, regardless of if they pay for it or not. I'm thinking of investing in youth eduction, but I'm still very open to ideas.

Last edited:
Isn't eToro just forex and commodities? If I could trade ES with them I might look into it, but honestly trade copying feels a little superficial to me. I want to make an actual impact, not just help some greedy punters looking to benefit from my hard work, regardless of if they pay for it or not. I'm thinking of investing in youth eduction, but I'm still very open to ideas.

If I were you, I'd keep it to myself. If you broadcast it on here it will be used by all and sundry and I won't have a chance to make anything, anyway.

As long as you don't say things like " I made 300% profit , yesterday"! That brings out the sceptics with faces like :mad::devilish::(:cry::eek::eek::whistling

If I were you, I'd keep it to myself. If you broadcast it on here it will be used by all and sundry and I won't have a chance to make anything, anyway.

As long as you don't say things like " I made 300% profit , yesterday"! That brings out the sceptics with faces like :mad::devilish::(:cry::eek::eek::whistling

My average is about 3.5% per contract per day, which is probably something many would still see as ridiculous.. I'm not here to brag, just to get people's opinions, which seem thus far to lean in the direction of keeping quiet. I hate to see so many people struggle because I know what that's like, but I guess I wouldn't be doing anybody any favors by giving the information out and ruining the edge, and even then there's no guarantee that anyone would be able to use it anyway. I guess I'll just have to sell my unstoppable holy grail system for $4000 a copy like everyone else (jk). :LOL:

My average is about 3.5% per contract per day, which is probably something many would still see as ridiculous.. I'm not here to brag, just to get people's opinions, which seem thus far to lean in the direction of keeping quiet. I hate to see so many people struggle because I know what that's like, but I guess I wouldn't be doing anybody any favors by giving the information out and ruining the edge, and even then there's no guarantee that anyone would be able to use it anyway. I guess I'll just have to sell my unstoppable holy grail system for $4000 a copy like everyone else (jk). :LOL:

Selling it for $4000 is one way to keep the not so serious people away and to reduce your email answering workload!

Whatever you do, Good Trading!

And thanks for the thread!

Selling it for $4000 is one way to keep the not so serious people away and to reduce your email answering workload!

Whatever you do, Good Trading!

And thanks for the thread!

hmmm..:sneaky: ...you might be on to something there lol! Maybe that's why there are so many gurus out there selling their systems: to keep themselves profitable by teaching newbies to trade their system improperly and thus maintain their edge!

I suggest you trade 30 contracts then and make 100% a day :LOL: