Found something special..share?

hmmm..:sneaky: ...you might be on to something there lol! Maybe that's why there are so many gurus out there selling their systems: to keep themselves profitable by teaching newbies to trade their system improperly and thus maintain their edge!

:LOL: yeah that's why

hmmm..:sneaky: ...you might be on to something there lol! Maybe that's why there are so many gurus out there selling their systems: to keep themselves profitable by teaching newbies to trade their system improperly and thus maintain their edge!

I never said that I thought that! You'll get the profession a bad name.

I never said that I thought that! You'll get the profession a bad name.

I was joking.. obviously I'm not talking about honest salespeople, just the idiots who get threads started with wild claims only to sell their "system" to the uninitiated.

dont laugh too hard but i thought id found the holy grail too once.
went short gold,it went against me 20 points so i shorted again.now i only need 10 points to break even.worked a charm.i couldnt lose or didnt for about 2 weeks.
then one day it just kept going and i shorted 3 positions getting royally screwed and finally cutting for -450 points.
hope your holy grail lasts longer.nothing lasts for ever.

I'm in a similar situation as you. Although, I've been asked a few times by people I meet whether I'd consider selling it - my answer is, "Not until it makes me a billion dollars, then I can sell people an actual system that actually made a billion dollars!" :clap:

Much like Vasco said. My idea, if I choose to go this route, would be to trade on behalf of other people (still fuzzy on those details, but maybe like a PAMM thing), then once a quarter donate a certain fraction of the total account balance to charity - actually, in my case and country it wouldn't be "charity" per se, but that's irrelevant.

My view is, my give back is creating wealth for those I trade for, and checking their greed (and mine) by taking money from the actual account (which is the trader's money) and donating to charity. Obviously, everyone will know this up front.

Other than that, I'd say, keep it to yourself - that's where your competitive edge lies. Wanna know why moving average cross systems aren't as profitable as before? Once too many people have your strategy, it loses its edge and becomes "just another system".

dont laugh too hard but i thought id found the holy grail too once.
went short gold,it went against me 20 points so i shorted again.now i only need 10 points to break even.worked a charm.i couldnt lose or didnt for about 2 weeks.
then one day it just kept going and i shorted 3 positions getting royally screwed and finally cutting for -450 points.
hope your holy grail lasts longer.nothing lasts for ever.

If you read back I specifically state that this isn't a holy grail, just a very profitable system for me. A holy grail implies infalibility, which is far from the truth here.

You were averaging down on a losing position, which as you found out was not a good idea. I'm not claiming anything spectacular here, just that I found VERY good entry and exit criteria that, if played correctly, consistently take me deeply into profit. I could, however, give an inexperienced trader my entry and exit criteria and they would easily still fail at making any money.

good trading!

I'm in a similar situation as you. Although, I've been asked a few times by people I meet whether I'd consider selling it - my answer is, "Not until it makes me a billion dollars, then I can sell people an actual system that actually made a billion dollars!" :clap:

Much like Vasco said. My idea, if I choose to go this route, would be to trade on behalf of other people (still fuzzy on those details, but maybe like a PAMM thing), then once a quarter donate a certain fraction of the total account balance to charity - actually, in my case and country it wouldn't be "charity" per se, but that's irrelevant.

My view is, my give back is creating wealth for those I trade for, and checking their greed (and mine) by taking money from the actual account (which is the trader's money) and donating to charity. Obviously, everyone will know this up front.

Other than that, I'd say, keep it to yourself - that's where your competitive edge lies. Wanna know why moving average cross systems aren't as profitable as before? Once too many people have your strategy, it loses its edge and becomes "just another system".

well said my friend

There are no secrets in trading.

I have found something that cannot be found anywhere on the internet (to my knowledge), so I have decided to label it a "secret". I put the word in quotes because although I consider it a secret, I realise that may be giving it too much credit.

Don't be so quick to assume that your statement is correct........

I have found something that cannot be found anywhere on the internet (to my knowledge), so I have decided to label it a "secret". I put the word in quotes because although I consider it a secret, I realise that may be giving it too much credit.

Don't be so quick to assume that your statement is correct........

There are no secrets in trading...just misconceptions about secrets...

Uncertainty tells me there are secrets in trading, as with anything.. Can you claim the same level of logical certainty with your statement?

Do you think that for 50 years the investment banks, pit traders, market makers, market wizards, left a small secret for you to discover? This is your logical inconsistency. They left none, they left only misconceptions for you to think they are secrets.

Do you think that for 50 years the investment banks, pit traders, market makers, market wizards, left a small secret for you to discover? This is your logical inconsistency. They left none, they left only misconceptions for you to think they are secrets.

I think we're talking about slightly different things here. My meaning is that there is always something left to be discovered, because that is the nature of the universe. I know none of the entities mentioned are withholding sacred knowledge, but I would argue that there are things yet left to be found. To assume otherwise is to assume a posture of restriction, which is counter to the reasons we trade in the first place. I think I'll stop, I'm getting verbose and starting to confuse myself.

I think we're talking about slightly different things here. My meaning is that there is always something left to be discovered, because that is the nature of the universe. I know none of the entities mentioned are withholding sacred knowledge, but I would argue that there are things yet left to be found. To assume otherwise is to assume a posture of restriction, which is counter to the reasons we trade in the first place. I think I'll stop, I'm getting verbose and starting to confuse myself.

regards secrets
there was one on friday for about 1 millisecond

, the E-Mini S&P 500 futures ESU3 1.26% jumped from 1,624 to 1,628.50, an increase of 4.5 points, in 50 milliseconds at 8:28:35 a.m he split-second hike was driven by a purchase of 5,000 contracts, employing an electronic algorithm, said Eric Hunsader, director at Nanex The split-second hike was driven by a purchase of 5,000 contracts, employing an electronic algorithm, said Eric Hunsader, director at Nanex

At the risk of adding fuel to a rather useless philosophical argument (I'm in the mood to sh*t stir):

Solas, while there may be nothing new under the sun, there are still gaps in knowledge that exist. All those people you mention use what works, it does not necessarily mean that they've explored every possibility, it just means they found their niche and refined their processes probably better than any individual could. And anyway, everything they know once started as someone's "secret" as well.

Secondly, until you sit in front of the OP's screen and determine for yourself whether what they have is indeed NOT a secret, who are you to say what they have? How do you know the OP didn't grow their account from $2 to $2 000 000 in 3 days? Just because they haven't announced it on the internet, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. In fact, I've read numerous articles and forum posts that suggest that the most profitable systems are in fact not posted on the net and are known to their creators, both institutional and retail/private (people like you, me and the OP).

So, I'm glad you're a cynic, we need people like you when evaluating these things, because you always make us consider the "snake oil" option and make sure we cover our bases before we decide on whether to get onto a bandwagon or not, but, the OP is not trying to punt a system on us for $x a pop, they are just having a bit of a moral dilemma and would appreciate some sound advice as to how to resolve the situation - not get a critique on the philosophical accuracy of their claims. Tell you what, the second this OP posts a link to their "secret" system and tries to punt it to us, I'll be the first to throw an egg at them - because once it's on the net, it's not a secret any more (by definition). Til then, be part of the solution or hold your peace. I'm rather enjoying the discussion because it's helping me with my situation, and I'd rather not have the thread sullied by fruitless detours ;)

I was just wondering if anyone has of " Portfolio Prophet "???? I was watching the video and it just seems too easy.....Then again I am new to trading. It's all about trading ETF's, which I am interested in trading.

I was just wondering if anyone has of " Portfolio Prophet "???? I was watching the video and it just seems to easy.....Then again I am new to trading. It's all about trading ETF's, which I am interested in trading.

its from Bill Poulos, thats enough to run, fast don't look back and stay away forever

At the risk of adding fuel to a rather useless philosophical argument (I'm in the mood to sh*t stir):

Solas, while there may be nothing new under the sun, there are still gaps in knowledge that exist. All those people you mention use what works, it does not necessarily mean that they've explored every possibility, it just means they found their niche and refined their processes probably better than any individual could. And anyway, everything they know once started as someone's "secret" as well.

Secondly, until you sit in front of the OP's screen and determine for yourself whether what they have is indeed NOT a secret, who are you to say what they have? How do you know the OP didn't grow their account from $2 to $2 000 000 in 3 days? Just because they haven't announced it on the internet, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. In fact, I've read numerous articles and forum posts that suggest that the most profitable systems are in fact not posted on the net and are known to their creators, both institutional and retail/private (people like you, me and the OP).

So, I'm glad you're a cynic, we need people like you when evaluating these things, because you always make us consider the "snake oil" option and make sure we cover our bases before we decide on whether to get onto a bandwagon or not, but, the OP is not trying to punt a system on us for $x a pop, they are just having a bit of a moral dilemma and would appreciate some sound advice as to how to resolve the situation - not get a critique on the philosophical accuracy of their claims. Tell you what, the second this OP posts a link to their "secret" system and tries to punt it to us, I'll be the first to throw an egg at them - because once it's on the net, it's not a secret any more (by definition). Til then, be part of the solution or hold your peace. I'm rather enjoying the discussion because it's helping me with my situation, and I'd rather not have the thread sullied by fruitless detours ;)

Wow. I wish I could be as eloquent with my words as you. That is exactly what I was trying to impart, but couldn't seem to make the words come out in such a way!

I was planning to post "proof" of my claim, but realize now there is no point, as that would amount to nothing but bragging. I have my system and it works for me, so I just need to find a way to use the fruits of my labor for the good of the world and not (all ;)) for self gain.

thanks sethmo!

Hello All. For the the last couple of years I have been 'round the block and back again' concerning forex systems et-al. Finally my heart and mind and accounts are at peace now that I am a member of 'dnbforexpriceaction.com'.
I joined them about two months ago and can honestly say, hand on heart, it's the wisest move I have made concerning trading.
When you join you are taught the 'Price action protocol' which is price action based on the daily time frame. Alongside this you have 'chart of the day', 'Weekly Analysis', 'Forum' and 'Chat-room'.
It really is an excellent site and one of the things that nailed it for me (apart from it's low price) is that normally a member of the DnB team are available in the chat room 24/7 to offer support and advice. Also, so far at least, I have not witnessed any bickering that normally arise on other sites.
By the way, I am in no way affiliated with Dnb whatsoever. Check em out and enjoy