Found something special..share?

It also makes you appreciate the power of the human mind in making decisions and seeing patterns and how translating that into code is near-impossible. But it's a satisfying challenge. Are you going for a full automated system?

Yes, I am. I agree, near-impossible. But getting closer. I have a lot of reversal situations for my 5 minute bars coded in and now I am coding in the before and after major reversal order flow profiles so that if the program misses a reversal pattern it can quickly correct the trend state it is tracking.

Full automation has been the goal from the start for me. I love the challenge. You?

Cheers

This thread is now on page 18 and we still haven't learnt a single interesting thing, except that there is no holy grail. Well thanks - everyone knows that. And Spider is still pondering on whether to let us jerks into his secret strategy. Great stuff.

There is no better test than putting your money where your mouth is and trade live imho. Bullsh*tting is a bit of fun but lets see spider et al on the trading live threads. The various vendors dare not because it would show them up to be as fallible as the rest.

This thread is now on page 18 and we still haven't learnt a single interesting thing, except that there is no holy grail. Well thanks - everyone knows that. And Spider is still pondering on whether to let us jerks into his secret strategy. Great stuff.

There is no better test than putting your money where your mouth is and trade live imho. Bullsh*tting is a bit of fun but lets see spider et al on the trading live threads. The various vendors dare not because it would show them up to be as fallible as the rest.

Not pondering actually, I have my mind made up on that. I agree though, this thread hasn't really gone anywhere. I actually found the answer to my original question in an article about PTJ.. I'll be starting a journal soon enough. I'm going leave a clean chart running in the background and screenshot that at the end of the trading session so everybody can see my entries/exits without seeing exactly how I'm doing it. Over time I guess if anyone cares they'll be able to figure out how I calculate stops, but that isn't really all that important or unique anyway.

Otherwise known as a bubble or

"What goes up must come down"

or

"All good things come to an end"

By studious research last week I definatively proved that the movement of the price of gold is linked to the colour of Tom Keane's ( Bloomberg ) bow ties.
He was right not once, not twice but 4 times out of four last week.
Could just be a coincidence but you never know

:clap:

Last edited:
It's like watching a Warren Buffet documentary (like one I watched earlier this year). He won't let in on the really intimate information of how he actually picks stocks, but you can admire the fact that he came up with a system that he proved can work.

seriously, read up on the debacle of the fannie mae / freddie mac shares he bought just prior to Govt bailout.

seriously, read up on the debacle of the fannie mae / freddie mac shares he bought just prior to Govt bailout.

I think he fell into the Patriotism trap. He used his billions unwisely from an economic point of view, to prop up an ailing economic system.