Forex.

traderjuk

Ive been wondering what the best chart time frame is to use an MACD crossover on the forex....or am I wasting my time?

Thanks in advance

J.

Now I know why they have second-hand shops.
One mans cast offs are another mans suit. :)

I use EMA's to trade Forex. I don't trigger a trade on the cross but do use the EMA's to indicate which way I should trade (long or short) after the cross. Which MA's you use are really defined by the trading style and method you use. My own trading is stricly intraday so I use a 3 min chart and a 10 min chart and a 10 pip stop for the Euro. For swing trading or other longer periods you would use a bigger time frame and different (larger) stops. Experiment and experience will give you values to suit your trading method as long as the underlying method is sound.

Indicators

traderjuk

I dont say this to be flippant, math Indicators are a personal preference.

There are a few things you have to keep in mind when you use a mathematical indicator like MACD. As they all take there basis off the historical prices they will all display the price that has already happened in a variety of different forms depending on what the indicator is trying to interpret.

The main thing to remember is what the indicator shows in relation to the price action that has already happened. They do have there uses but they are only as good as the person interpreting the information.

The best thing to use is the price action itself but then this is only good if you know how to interpret what you see.

To answer your question as to what time frame is best to use no-one can or will answer this question as your personal preferences and circumstances will differ from those that supply you with and answer. It is, IMO, directly related how much time you have and what time frames you are happy with using. It would be pointless to say , for example, that i use 5 minute chart with standard MACD settings with excellent results if you have no way off following a 5 minute chart due to your circumstance, work, children etc.

Most indicators work some of the time. Find something that fits your circumstance rather than fitting your circumstances around something that works for someone else.

Happy trading
Newtron Bomb

Forgive the banality of this question. But I'm seeking advice or reccomendation on which is the best platform to use for regular forex trading. I have a fair few quid to play with and am wondering who to trust with my capital.
I've been playing with the platform supplied by forexsolutions for a while and wondered if anyone uses it and if not ...Why? and If so. Can anyone suggest a more viable alternative?
Thanks

traderjuk, if you are able to sit infront of your PC all day then there is a good method called the bunnycross on moneytec.

The thread is called wma cross and its by someone called bunnygirl.

(thanks NB)

andrewmooton said:
traderjuk, if you are able to sit infront of your PC all day then there is a good method called the bunnycross on moneytec.

The thread is called wma cross and its by someone called bunnygirl.

(thanks NB)[/QUOTE

where can I find the thread??

Hi J Zee.

On the Forum page you will see Trading methods and strategies.
The thread is titled "WMA Cross" by Bunny girl.
If you have any queries she is normally in the live chat room on Moneytec.

Happy Trading
Faris..