Forex Trading systems with 99.97% winning rate?

Joseff

Established member
Is there systems or strategy with high, close to 100%, winning rate? It doesn't matter how often it trades, once a week or one a month.

Hi Joseff,
In my experience, systems with a a very high success ratio of 95%+ are almost always offset by a correspondingly poor profit ratio. Stops are often very wide and, in some cases, not used at all. Beware!
;)
Tim.

Is there systems or strategy with high, close to 100%, winning rate? It doesn't matter how often it trades, once a week or one a month.

No, unless they are:

A scam.

Based on ridiculous r:r, for example 1 pip target, 500 pip stop.

Forget it, focus on positive expectancy. In the end, that's all that matters.

I have a set-up that I have never known to fail..the set-up is one of many that together make up my trading edge. I have not known it to fail in the past on the instrument and t/f's that I trade, ...this does not mean to say that a. it has not failed on other instruments or time frames in the past -or- b. that it will always continue to produce a gain 100% of the time.

I do agree with another poster above that actually what is most important is that a trading edge (howsoever derived) has an overall prositive expectancy.

G/L

Its relatively easy to achieve, but for many reasons, you probably would not want too.

Learning to lose is a very valuable lesson, if you cant make money with a 40% strike rate you are doing something very wrong.

How much would you pay for it?

I was joking of course. Obviously if there was such a system you wouldn't be able to get it for $1999 or whatever prices are quoted by different systems' sellers.

Much better would be to try to see trading in a different way than to look for 99.99% systems.
There is no trading without losses. Nobody (or no system) can predict the price moves with 100% accuracy. Why? Because market is unpredictable.

One has to learn to accept the losses as an inevitable part of trading and to control them.

I can supply you with such as system, as long as you don't mind running huge unrealised losses.

Basically any system that has this kind of ratio will be the hold onto the losers type of strategy.

Joseff, you've been on this site a while - I would have thought you would have learned at least this much by now.

Josef,

The simple answer is yes, I am sure there are.

But most people will tell you not to bother searching high and low for them because it is unnecessary and is often actually detrimental to your success.

Here is a fact: A system that wins 99% of the time and has a 0.2 R (makes $2 for every $10 risked) has a LOWER EXPECTANCY than a system that wins only 40% of the time but has a 2 R. (makes $2 for every $1 risked)

Rather than hopping from one system to the next in the search for the one that never loses, it is far more likely to lead to success, in my opinion, if you find something that simple has a positive expectancy, or in laymans terms, "makes money" and then study it to see if you can make it work better over time.

Pretty like too good to be true. But if so, should be the down-side as well.

l.jpg
in.jpg
e.jpg
a.jpg
mr.jpg
c.jpg
ms.jpg
om.jpg

:)

Come on, Joseff., you know better that that. This isn't Manchester United here, you know. :)

There was one being discussed on ET, nearly 100% success rate. Unfortunately, the muppet doing it was just martingaling, when he won he'd take a few hundred, maybe a thousand bucks. He had a loser the other day, averaging down until he was carrying about 850 TF. Broker eventually liquidated him, covering at the market, he ended up dropping about $320,000 on one trade. :LOL:

Win rate is nice for your own interest, but it's really not terribly important to the ultimate success or failure.

There was one being discussed on ET, nearly 100% success rate. Unfortunately, the muppet doing it was just martingaling, when he won he'd take a few hundred, maybe a thousand bucks. He had a loser the other day, averaging down until he was carrying about 850 TF. Broker eventually liquidated him, covering at the market, he ended up dropping about $320,000 on one trade. :LOL:

Win rate is nice for your own interest, but it's really not terribly important to the ultimate success or failure.

What happened to you chicken - not dancing any more?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 319
I have, potentially, a 100%, "never lose" system. However, it needs to be run through an EA that operates in Stealth Mode. It's necessary to hide the TP & SL parameters so, that the evil brokers don't see what the EA is atempting to do.

I'd like to report that I have such an EA but, I was unfortunate in selecting an MQL4 coder who didn't get it quite right. The EA runs but, not in the way I want. Therefore, I've abandoned it and hope that, in the future, I may find a proficient person to work with and get it running as I want.

What exactly is a "...potentially, a 100%, "never lose" system.....". LOL.

They all are until they aren't.

Give me a system with a lot of history, a positive expectancy and with virtually non-existent drawdown and I'll not even be bothered to inquire about your win rate.

What exactly is a "...potentially, a 100%, "never lose" system.....". LOL.

They all are until they aren't.

Give me a system with a lot of history, a positive expectancy and with virtually non-existent drawdown and I'll not even be bothered to inquire about your win rate.

I'm not here to justify the strategy for your curiosity. All I did was respond to Joseff's question.