Win Rate vs R:R

I would prefer an average win ratio of 70% with an average RR of 2 - than a 50% win ratio and a better average RR of 3.

Many reasons for this and I can explain more of my reasoning if need be

Regards

F

I was chatting to a trader mate of mine a couple of weeks ago, having a Christmas catch up. And I started to talk to him about a new system I was about to deploy. I had spent weeks and weeks meticulously planning and tweaking the system.

He asked me what my entry criteria was. And my honest reply was something along the lines of - “Oh I don’t know, whatever, I'm not really bothered, probably some sort of breakout/retrace with a trend element.”
I am not saying that I was not going to incorporate entries into the plan but it really was an irrelevant afterthought. Now neither of us found this odd.

On asking anything about my mm, tm, exits, designs to overcome my psychological battles and my processes. I could talk at length and in great detail.

I am quite sincere when I say I feel disappointed in myself for my psychological need to incorporate trend into an entry, which I am finding hard to let go of. I am sure this is detrimental to my trading.

Last edited: