Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im still waiting to see how this works. Ive been trying to stay away from indiferent posting because I seem to be alone and am quickly attacked, but this takes some explaining. If you enter at the same time,all the time both positions are running you are square. If you take some of then you have a net position that you could have taken at that same point,so what is the point in the first place. Sorry if I dont know what Im talking about and am on a different planet to the rest of you.

Julian, he's a multi nic attention seeking troll, but here's a hedge that could work;

OK, so you know a news event is coming, let's pick NFP. 13:00 hours (CET) you go long and short on the Euro, stop of 30 limit of 50. You might make 20 pips if price goes in one direction when the news is released. What could possibly go wrong..other than slippage, double spike, etc..etc..:D

leerees,
have you deleted your myfxbook details??
unless I got the wrong page, you no longer have any trades to display?
weird

He removed it from public view after he blew up on the euro long he was averaging down on.

im not and theres only us here. There is one guy that is short nad has been for a while. most of us are shorter term here.

Anyone here holding an euro short as a swing trade?

I swing and or position trade but took the decision a few days back that between now and Xmas I'd just take the *mini-swings off 1/2hr - 1hr TF until the new year. However, if I was swinging I'd have gone short yesterday and still be in it given It would have gone to a second level of confirmation this morning...

* yes I know..:rolleyes: couldn't think of a better description...

"However, if I was swinging I'd have gone short yesterday and still be in it given It would have gone to a second level of confirmation this morning"

Blackswan
That's what I like to hear. Any good excuses of not swing trade until after Xmas?

Julian, he's a multi nic attention seeking troll, but here's a hedge that could work;

OK, so you know a news event is coming, let's pick NFP. 13:00 hours (CET) you go long and short on the Euro, stop of 30 limit of 50. You might make 20 pips if price goes in one direction when the news is released. What could possibly go wrong..other than slippage, double spike, etc..etc..:D

What if you close the spike for profit and instead of price returning to a profitable area it just continues in the direction of the spike? I guess that would be a worst case scenario

sick,

I should be going long now but something about the move up does not feel right and my gut tells me to stay with my short.

:) gut instinct, top stuff
:cheesy:

Indeed if I had taken the long I would have been stopped out.

I suppose I just processed the data on the chart faster then I could put together a rational explanation.

I must have seen price drive up to just above the asian session high and then reverse a hundred times by now.

The cloud did seem to do its job though as that was what I was paying most attention to when I made the decision.

Attachments

• gut instinct.png
    gut instinct.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 109
For what it's worth I'm still carrying 1 Eur/$ short and have overhead resistance 13340/50 area (Decending hourly trendline). Don't buy into this recovery at all and still beleive 13200 will be attacked if 13290 can give way. How do you attach a screen shot to justify my ridiculous waffle?