Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The candles are fine, he is just not used to seeing them overlayed with normal candles.

Main benefits for me so far have been:

easier to stick with the trend when you see a string of all red/green candles where you would be seeing a mix on normal candles.

Easier to see when a there is a spike against the trend rather then an actual change in trend.

since starting to use them I have added the ask line to my charts so I can easily see where price actually is.

The candles are fine, he is just not used to seeing them overlayed with normal candles.

Main benefits for me so far have been:

easier to stick with the trend when you see a string of all red/green candles where you would be seeing a mix on normal candles.

Easier to see when a there is a spike against the trend rather then an actual change in trend.

since starting to use them I have added the ask line to my charts so I can easily see where price actually is.

certainly interesting. I always rejected them before, since I was concerned the representation of big moves I felt was misleading.
I will do some number-crunching over the weekend, starting now!
Yes, I can see the utility of not being spooked out.
Also, they, on the whole, appear to be truer to the price, than most indicators.

Vaco - yeah. I just have another window on mt4 with HA. Dont have them super-imposed.

hi quaid.
I think I understand the misunderstanding.
I deliberately superimposed them to show the disparity between the Open/Close on the HA bar and real Open/Close. and marked the points of difference with small black bars.

EUR/USD has bounced above the open on the 15 min chart, looking to take a position around the open, based on the following:

which direction will the USD trade balance send us? Anyone have any ideas?

Vince,

I think I see where your EJ short came from. Neat.
(for initial eyeballing test, I am viewing 4hrs as trend-identifier, and then using 15-mins as trade triggers, as 4hrs seems to give me the "swing" size moves that BS seems to refer to most)

might be my imagination, but the 1-2-3 type patterns seem more apparent, esp on 30-mins.
and some congestion zones seem clearer.
all this on fairly trendy runs.

need to look at choppy times to see how much of a mess/false directions I get myself in, such as July-Aug times.

or just do not trade during school holidays like end of july and all of aug.

Go spend some money instead!

Paul,

I'm using 3 set ups. all trades this week were one of the following.

6am-8am break out (plenty on the boards about this)

pullbacks

and coin flips (taking a position whilst still in the range) explained earlier to flashy.

done with cable for the day now.
Trade number 2 is the one that I posted live for 16 pips.
The other 2 trades weren't posted. little scalps.

Also, this is embarrassing, but is today some sort of bank holiday or something?
I got a text from a mate a minute ago who works full time trying to get me out with him for an all day drinking session, and another one of my friends who works full time is out shopping?!

Attachments

• 10dec.JPG
    10dec.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 90
done with cable for the day now.
Trade number 2 is the one that I posted live for 16 pips.
The other 2 trades weren't posted. little scalps.

Also, this is embarrassing, but is today some sort of bank holiday or something?
I got a text from a mate a minute ago who works full time trying to get me out with him for an all day drinking session, and another one of my friends who works full time is out shopping?!

no , normal day , Prelim UoM Consumer Sentiment is scheduled to be released shortly ...

Looking for entry at MS1, see if she bounces or not first. RSI close to giving buy signal but will wait.

We are in a downtrend so would love to get another sell signal tbh.

no , normal day

thanks.
How strange. The text to me to go out drinking was written in a way to suggest that it was sent to a group of people. I thought it was some sort of public holiday that I was completely unaware of (due to not working at the moment!) lol