Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aside from the spikes issue, when trading indicators, they tend to be dynamic, so advance warning isnt as much as trendline breaks, where you can call the lines well beforehand.
(deja-vu, Im sure I said this this morning)

anyway, my only consolation is I am not the only one having a dull old time.
I shall take my confidence issues up with my analyst tomorrow afternoon.

I hope this thread survives, and with Flashy at the helm.

aside from the spikes issue, when trading indicators, they tend to be dynamic, so advance warning isnt as much as trendline breaks, where you can call the lines well beforehand.
(deja-vu, Im sure I said this this morning)

anyway, my only consolation is I am not the only one having a dull old time.
I shall take my confidence issues up with my analyst tomorrow afternoon.

I hope this thread survives, and with Flashy at the helm.

thanks but ill have no money left of this carries on, 16 out of the last 20 trades have been losers and looking like 17 out of 21 and not under 100 pips profit for 3 weeks work:(

but again virtually every trade you take,you post after the spike has happened.

Spikes happen, they' shoot up or down, move back and forth, as you should know, and like your MAS system, mine is signal and trigger based,When I get the signal and the tigger identifies a trade, I enter asap, which is generally as the moves, but I'm not going to give everything away to a group ot total strangers on a website. I've being trading over 15 years, 10 years as my sole income. My priority has and will always remain, P&L first and any posting later.

But I'll leave you a parting gift.

Goodbye

Attachments

• palmback.jpg
    palmback.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 293
thanks but ill have no money left of this carries on, 16 out of the last 20 trades have been losers and looking like 17 out of 21 and not under 100 pips profit for 3 weeks work:(

what have been your targets? are they a meaningful function of recent volatility?

looking back, how would the situation been different if your SL was 5, 10,15 pips bigger?
ie, are you picking the correct direction, but getting stopped out due to tight SL?

if market is getting tighter ranged, maybe targets need to be shortened to reflect that.

I am not a brilliant trader by any means, but perhaps I can add some objective distance to your situation.

Lastly, you stop at 1pm. Does Old Ma really fail for the US sessions?
We need you to stay with it, Flashy.

what have been your targets? are they a meaningful function of recent volatility?

looking back, how would the situation been different if your SL was 5, 10,15 pips bigger?
ie, are you picking the correct direction, but getting stopped out due to tight SL?

if market is getting tighter ranged, maybe targets need to be shortened to reflect that.

I am not a brilliant trader by any means, but perhaps I can add some objective distance to your situation.

Lastly, you stop at 1pm. Does Old Ma really fail for the US sessions?
We need you to stay with it, Flashy.

i only back tested till 1 pm so i was not trading too long.Targets are generally at least 2/1 depending on stop and market moves. A couple of good winners and im back on track

-24 this is a bad day,it was up 30

I shouldn't have traded today - couldn't see any nice set ups. 2 trades I've done were boredom trades. Although the loss was small, I could have done without it.(n)

IMO If one can't find any good set ups, best to leave it for some other day.

I shouldn't have traded today - couldn't see any nice set ups. 2 trades I've done were boredom trades. Although the loss was small, I could have done without it.(n)

easier said than done.
the longer you have to wait for a legit set-up, the more you start seeing pseudo set-ups.

Boredom trades never good. Sit this one out. Another day you may find the market going your way all day.

Peter

Maybe trade more instruments to see if your' setup' triggers on something else?
oils been good to me in recent weeks.
Stopping trading for the day now.
Vaco: the message that went with your rep to me. You must have missed my earlier explanations, but unfortunately the dollar amounts in my ninjatrader screenshots aren't real! I just take every trade on the ninjatarder demo account along with my LIVE smartlive account to help me analyse my stats! I actually trade TINY stakes for real money and not futures contracts!
cheers.

Attachments

• rfrfdelme.JPG
    rfrfdelme.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 106
When I get the signal and the tigger identifies a trade, I enter asap

Respect, we all need our charms, never had you down as a cuddly toy type though..:D I have a carved wooden buddha sat next to me whilst trading at home, I bought him at a funeral in Ubud Bali from one of the relatives of the deceased back in the day..we've been through a lot together..lifes' ups and downs, the sideways, the trends, the ranges...;)

It it gets bad don't dump the Tigger, whatever you do...

3471889952_65914c3ec5_z.jpg

im sure theres good entertainement value along the way,when we bicker.Are you picking anything up,what do you like about the thread.Im sure we would all like to hear an independent view,be as frank as you like,thanks

im picking up loads the most important aspect though is how hard it is to stick to your edge during the drawdowns! even if you a 60-70% win rate you still can get 5,6 7 wrong in a row it takes balls to stick to your plan and edge though.

double thumbs up from me

im picking up loads the most important aspect though is how hard it is to stick to your edge during the drawdowns! even if you a 60-70% win rate you still can get 5,6 7 wrong in a row it takes balls to stick to your plan and edge though.

double thumbs up from me

It's nice to know that someone is getting something of value out of this thread by seeing the good and the bad. Thanks for posting!

Peter

each time I entered a trade today it seems like the market instantly came to a complete stop. Decent ranges today, but NO range when I'm in a trade! geez...

Peter