Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Single morning trade

Stop 25
Trailing stop 32
Pips + 20

Closed a candle too early, c'est la vie. :rolleyes: Will now stay out of the (small TF/short term) market until after NFP...Worth discussing *tactics* on NFP?

Just happy I wasn't around during NFP it whipsawed like crazy and my method wouldn't have worked during it. Have a nice weekend and see you all on Monday.

hi, taken me two weeks but i have read this thread from post 1, its an excellent piece of work and shows the ups and downs of a daily trader!!

im only on demo so wont be partaking but will defo be lurking

Short EUR/USD Entry @ 1.3948
SL set at 1.3972
Target 1.3849

Risk = 24
Reward = 99

If we get anywhere near my target and I'm around I may trail a stop loss with a view to holding a short position over a few days/weeks

Reason for trade....
Bounced off the top of the trendline (10th time it has done so during this last leg up)
Looked for a retrace back up to the 61.8% area and a small confirmation of downward movement.

A textbook entrance however EUR/USD has a habit of kicking me in the butt. If you see a fault to the above TA please let me know.

excellent trade, can you post a chart of your trendline,thanks

Hope this works. EUR-USD resistance trend line as requested. Would like to know how you guys would pick an end to the current movement up.

If I was pushed to predict the high of this before the next serious downward leg I'd say 1.4207. We most likely will have a day or 2 where the price moves way above the resistance line becomes overextended tips 1.4207 then consolidates then moves sharply down a day or 2 later before confirming a new trendline downwards. I'd imagine we are roughly 5-7 trading days away from that high though. 22nd December 2009 low was 1.4207 and the 25th Jan high was 1.4207. Its no coincidence that our last high 1.4209 was a level of support on the 21st Jan this year and a level of resistance on the 3rd of February this year. If you bring up a daily chart you'll see what I mean.

Attachments

• EUR-USD.jpg
    EUR-USD.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Hope this works. EUR-USD resistance trend line as requested. Would like to know how you guys would pick an end to the current movement up.

If I was pushed to predict the high of this before the next serious downward leg I'd say 1.4207. We most likely will have a day or 2 where the price moves way above the resistance line becomes overextended tips 1.4207 then consolidates then moves sharply down a day or 2 later before confirming a new trendline downwards. I'd imagine we are roughly 5-7 trading days away from that high though. 22nd December 2009 low was 1.4207 and the 25th Jan high was 1.4207. Its no coincidence that our last high 1.4209 was a level of support on the 21st Jan this year and a level of resistance on the 3rd of February this year. If you bring up a daily chart you'll see what I mean.

our methods are similar, i always try and sell from tops of lines,ofers good r/r.I missed that one.Been selling it all week,sods law

Indeed but as your RR is so good you can keep on nibbling. As you showed a week or so ago you only need one good win and it wipes out your losses. The difficulty is to have the determination and mental strength to keep taking smaller losses and that it doesnt affect your plan. With the method you use of taking half the trade off and covering your stop loss it just seems so very right to me. I still rarely use this but I will learn from you in your RR as this is your strong point.

Going short on the EUR/USD 1.3991

Stop loss at 1.4032
Target at 1.3907

Risk: 41
Reward: 84

My target is a long position in the opposite direction if I'm around to take the opposing trade.

Last edited:
Sir,Any Stoploss & Target?

Not with this one just play it by ear just playing some ranges. Wait to see if price goes back down to around 1.3960. Pull up a 5 minute chart as it nears the recent low then check to see if divergence is with the trade i.e RSI on a setting of 18 check to see if RSI level is lower or equal to recent low of 1.3960. If RSI reads higher then be prepared to exit the trade when we get a higher high on a 1 minute chart.

hi, taken me two weeks but i have read this thread from post 1, its an excellent piece of work and shows the ups and downs of a daily trader!!

im only on demo so wont be partaking but will defo be lurking

Welcome to the thread! Don't be afraid to ask questions. As you found out by reading the thread you can learn a few things here. Don't be shy!

Peter

exit 1.3980 +4
getting tired so just closed out. Be back for the US session. Should be slow though US holiday today.

Peter

One morning trade on Euro, usual PA, flitting between 5-15 min charts, will now wait for afternoon session although fwiw there is (imho) more pips down in this move...
Stop 25
Trailing stop 32
Pips + 28

Attachments

• fx graph 1111010.png
    fx graph 1111010.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 119