Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3 Euro trades this afternoon, might call it a day on the day trades for today, unless I see a definitive up movement in the next half an hour...Ahem..an *Interesting* use of trailing stops; I got a one pip profit on one trade as it retraced, using 32 pip trail, however, took me out of the third trade earlier than I'd like and then it continues down..:rolleyes:...I'd put the TS on due to other commitments etc..and stop loss got breached by approx 3 pips on first trade, 28 as opposed to 25...Ho de ho...:D

Anyhow 3 trades
Stop loss 25
Trailing loss 32

Net pip loss of 6 pips

Attachments

• fx graph 171010.png
    fx graph 171010.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 111
3 Euro trades this afternoon, might call it a day on the day trades for today, unless I see a definitive up movement in the next half an hour...Ahem..an *Interesting* use of trailing stops; I got a one pip profit on one trade as it retraced, using 32 pip trail, however, took me out of the third trade earlier than I'd like and then it continues down..:rolleyes:...I'd put the TS on due to other commitments etc..and stop loss got breached by approx 3 pips on first trade, 28 as opposed to 25...Ho de ho...:D

Anyhow 3 trades
Stop loss 25
Trailing loss 32

Net pip loss of 6 pips

Did it continue down after the strailing stop was taken out or magically bounce back? If that happened to me it may awaken revenge trading man. A man who knows no bounds and a man who I struggle to control even now. He's a bit like the incredible hulk and eats up my profits.

Did it continue down after the strailing stop was taken out or magically bounce back? If that happened to me it may awaken revenge trading man. A man who knows no bounds and a man who I struggle to control even now. He's a bit like the incredible hulk and eats up my profits.

I don't do the revenge trading thing; waited for the next signal, took the short, hit the 30+ pip limit...Finished the short term/small TF trades for today with a positive trade. Could be plenty left on the table though...;)

Stop 25
Trailing stop 32
Limit 30

+30 on trade
+24 for the day

Attachments

• fx graph 271010.png
    fx graph 271010.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 117
Nice work. I'm just itching to short the EUR/USD for a long while but I missed the bounce off 1.4029 due to having no internet access for the start of the day. I wasn't going to leave a sell order on it as I needed to see confirmation down. I'll let it move back up a little more if possible and just start a position. I'd like to have a long term position for a change to test the waters. I have never held a position for over 2 days before.

Short EUR/USD Entry @ 1.3948
SL set at 1.3972
Target 1.3849

Risk = 24
Reward = 99

If we get anywhere near my target and I'm around I may trail a stop loss with a view to holding a short position over a few days/weeks

Reason for trade....
Bounced off the top of the trendline (10th time it has done so during this last leg up)
Looked for a retrace back up to the 61.8% area and a small confirmation of downward movement.

A textbook entrance however EUR/USD has a habit of kicking me in the butt. If you see a fault to the above TA please let me know.

Single morning trade

Stop 25
Trailing stop 32
Pips + 20

Closed a candle too early, c'est la vie. :rolleyes: Will now stay out of the (small TF/short term) market until after NFP...Worth discussing *tactics* on NFP?

Attachments

• fx graph 181010.png
    fx graph 181010.png
    18 KB · Views: 107
Single morning trade

Stop 25
Trailing stop 32
Pips + 20

Closed a candle too early, c'est la vie. :rolleyes: Will now stay out of the (small TF/short term) market until after NFP...Worth discussing *tactics* on NFP?

No more trades for me on small TFs this afternoon...c u nxt week guys...