Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For anyone interested, I decided to scrap the oil trading for now. I had to use another platform and I ended up having too many windows and platforms open. Was driving me nuts. Maybe try again later if I consolidate accounts.

Peter

Hi guys

I want your opinions on a new high probability trend system for day trading.We trade this system only when there is a strong trend.The target profit is 12 pips and the stop loss is 30 pips.To enter the trade , a strong trend must be established, price must retrace and form a bottom at retracement , price must be attempting to rejoin the trend.

This should not screw up money management , because the probability of stops getting hit are very low.The probability of catching 12 pips are much greater.I call this the 12/30 pip system , next time I call.You can all call these 12/30 pips system trades and we will experiment over the next few weeks.

How about it?

Here are three examples of trend retracement /continuation patterns.

Attachments

• trend retracement  30  12.jpg
    trend retracement 30 12.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 111
You need 3 wins for every loss. Tough to do.
It looks like there are 2 possible entries on your chart prior to #1. Both would have been winners, but I assume they didn't fit your criteria? These could be helpful since you're using a 30 pip stop loss. How has back testing performed?

Peter

You need 3 wins for every loss. Tough to do.
It looks like there are 2 possible entries on your chart prior to #1. Both would have been winners, but I assume they didn't fit your criteria? These could be helpful since you're using a 30 pip stop loss. How has back testing performed?

Peter

The first and second were not included because a clear trend had not been established.These can not be back tested with automated software.

We are looking at probabilities .We are probably looking at 85 % hit rate , 20 trades a week,17 profitable trades =204 , 3 losing trades of 30 = 90 , equals net profit of 104 per week * $10 = 1040.

I ran some automated backtests on euro /usd with a profit target of 22 and a stop of 20 , the hit rate was 48 % on weak trends , on strong trends we could get 85% with 30/12 .

I do not like 12 pip stops , because they get hit very quickly , even 20 pips get taken out frequently.