Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
your system had no way of predicting which way the news would spike it would have been a bit of a gamble especially with potential slippage.

sure but it happened,sometimes they go for you other times they dont,just annoying as I rarely scratch trades

sure but it happened,sometimes they go for you other times they dont,just annoying as I rarely scratch trades

we clearly have different views on trading and risk management, the thing is if you allow your trade to run through a bigish news anouncement you are not just risking your 20 pip stop, you could be slipped for a lot more.

we clearly have different views on trading and risk management, the thing is if you allow your trade to run through a bigish news anouncement you are not just risking your 20 pip stop, you could be slipped for a lot more.

very unlikely this time of day with sb firms this time of day. If my stop is say 20 pips.i only need the price to have been traded once and they have to pay. There is so much news and minor news about, are you saying you avoid trading during all news. I try not to take trades if news is due in next few mins,Ive had a sb account for 10 years and not had that problem at this time of day

Just the one small TF trade for me today, cable, 40 pips. Usual reasons for entry, set target for 200ema, just touched it, (within a pip) suspect it'll break through, but this 20 min trade is OK, job done. * level shown is 200MA, ema on other charts..

Attachments

• fx graph 327.png
    fx graph 327.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 128
Just the one small TF trade for me today, cable, 40 pips. Usual reasons for entry, set target for 200ema, just touched it, (within a pip) suspect it'll break through, but this 20 min trade is OK, job done. * level shown is 200MA, ema on other charts..

200 ema breached S1 now reached, any of you guys on it/in it?

very unlikely this time of day with sb firms this time of day. If my stop is say 20 pips.i only need the price to have been traded once and they have to pay. There is so much news and minor news about, are you saying you avoid trading during all news. I try not to take trades if news is due in next few mins,Ive had a sb account for 10 years and not had that problem at this time of day

who says they have to?

I'm not saying that I do, but if your size is such that they hedge your trades I think you will find that things will be different.

The fact that they dont have to get you out is clear in all of their terms and conditions.

Unless ofcourse you are paying a premium for guaranteed stops?

long cable 15494 stop 15476

bit late with the call sorry but the thing just rocketed up

i give up today -17 on cable

nothing is working for me any trades i did nt take worked out and the one i did take all fell flat

lucky i am getting on a flight to the far east later keep me away from this **** market

Originally Posted by CBH
One of the many many things I have learnt over the years is patience..and still have more to learn. It is not unusual for me for trades to be offside for days at a time in the beginning- I spent years missing opportunities waiting for the perfect set up so am happy to be a little earlier and wait to see if the market will come around.

I took it at 11 today- based on the trend I do think Aussie has higher to go in next few weeks and will be looking to buy back if stopped out of this one.

Cheers

I'm opposite side of the fence/price on the Aussie to you atm..looked bearish as of 19:00 (UK time) yesterday. Irrespective of the technicals I'm thinking their economy may take a huge beating re the floods an all...still "you'll never know 'til you place your bet" etc..

Just one Q if I may, your stop, would have thought it'd be tighter perhaps 10050 being the recent low?

Have you bought back in yet? Have you read the reports re the clean up cost? Dollar strength isn't helping long Aus obviously..

i give up today -17 on cable

nothing is working for me any trades i did nt take worked out and the one i did take all fell flat

lucky i am getting on a flight to the far east later keep me away from this **** market

Market is good bud, trending better than celebs on twitter atm. You just found yourself fighting the wrong side of the very strong trend. Fwiw it's something I constantly see with the small TF players, puzzles me tbh, I get whipsaws, fakes, poor slips/fills but I always I.D. the trend in the same way (off whatever TF) and go with it. How else can we follow price?

Cant win 'em all, Porcel. You've been calling lots of great trades overall recently.
Also liking DDI's calls at the mo.
Keep 'em coming.

Cant win 'em all, Porcel. You've been calling lots of great trades overall recently.
Keep 'em coming.
thnx mate...true we all go through bad and good days...problem is as soon as you get a few good or bad consecutive trades, one's analysis gets skewed for different reasons and starts to enter on false signals (without realising it!)

my aim is to combat this problem this year...one of the positives of participating in this thread is that you get sort of monitored and may stop you from doing silly trades

Keep 'em coming.

cheers lads, we all have a bad day does nt worry me i know things will pick up, i dont post my index trades but perhaps i should as i was much better on them tody :)

i agree with you redart that DDI's calls are excellent recently especially today well done mate

catch you all soon

cheers lads, we all have a bad day does nt worry me i know things will pick up, i dont post my index trades but perhaps i should as i was much better on them tody :)

i agree with you redart that DDI's calls are excellent recently especially today well done mate

catch you all soon

cheers mate for your comment. yes I must say things went my way today....can change so easily though...fingers crossed for all of us...I think as long as we dont go mad on revenge trading during bad times, we should see profits long term.

who says they have to?

I'm not saying that I do, but if your size is such that they hedge your trades I think you will find that things will be different.

The fact that they dont have to get you out is clear in all of their terms and conditions.

Unless ofcourse you are paying a premium for guaranteed stops?

Just got back, I spoke to sb firm today and they confirmed as long as one trade was taken at that price then i would be filled. If the market gapped through my stop,then yes i would be given the next price traded irrespective of volume. Since trading forex as far as i can remember I have been filled. Even the quickest of spikes there is normally a price filled somewhere along the line. Surely the risks are just the same for people who swing trade and leave positions overnight. While we are asleep there is news in other countries which could cause a similar spike. I had loads of problems with prices when i traded shares for a few months and soemtimes futures,never forex.Possibly they might squirm if I ever start trading £400 pp.

Just to add top work by ddi on his results so far,redart also having a good year,im bottom of the pile and probably the only one down this year at moment:mad: