Forex strategy feedback

I already shared one.

This was pulled from another forum. It might be worth a forward test:-https://bit.ly/2OLxTI
Backtest error with tick data suite.
BT.jpg

It seems a textbook scam backtest.
The only reason I have an interest is there are 9 months forward testing on a real account and I thought there was an opportunity to forward test it for myself. I've reached out to the author to see if there is a bug free version available. Authors of scam systems aren't going to allow others to forward test it without payment, so let's see!!!

I have a better one 🤣
1613600278422.png

1613600302154.png

sorry, it's the German MT4. 😁

But this is also your problem with backtesting if you hold open positions when the market is closed:
1613600123188.png

The tester does not handle any gaps properly.

MT4 does not check the market data when closing a position on tp or sl.The funny thing is that a correct value was calculated for the equitiy, but not used for closing the position. Closing is always on tp or sl value, even if it is complete nonsense. This is the equity chart for the situation above:
grafik

So you should go to your chart and correct every trade on a gap over any weekend in the last 15 years, any holiday or other reason fo that a market could be closed or run into a gap or high spread, for example because of news releases. The demo ignores it, not only the backtester.
Then you come a few steps closer to reality.

Last edited:
I have a better one 🤣

So you should go to your chart and correct every trade on a gap over any weekend in the last 15 years, any holiday or other reason fo that a market could be closed or run into a gap or high spread, for example because of news releases. The demo ignores it, not only the backtester.

I could post 1000s of similar back tests; they just mean the code is functioning...lol...not much else. What interested me about my previous post is the EA is backed by 9 months of forward testing which reconcile when back-tested. The author replied and send a downlink, so I will post the file in here after I have downloaded.

Neural Adaptive EA v4.2 - DEMO ACCOUNT AND BACKTEST VERSION: FORWARD TEST NOW

Copy mbfxalgosLib into your libraries folder.

Let's not try to kill it; the author is very relaxed about people trade copying from the demo to live account. 12 pairs and each has a unique number of A.I. models. GMT+2 brokers only with DST US.

Tick tests available from: Tick Tests

I guess real developers don't have an issue distributing strategies for forward testing because, let us face it, if that works on a live account...everyone is happy!!!

Attachments

• EURUSD $250 PER 0.01.png
    EURUSD $250 PER 0.01.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 135
  • ss.png
    ss.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 130
  • USDCHF $250 PER 0.01.png
    USDCHF $250 PER 0.01.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 131
I have a better one 🤣
View attachment 296569
sorry, it's the German MT4. 😁

But this is also your problem with backtesting if you hold open positions when the market is closed:
View attachment 296568
The tester does not handle any gaps properly.

MT4 does not check the market data when closing a position on tp or sl.The funny thing is that a correct value was calculated for the equitiy, but not used for closing the position. Closing is always on tp or sl value, even if it is complete nonsense. This is the equity chart for the situation above:
grafik

The reality for me is I do not even release backtests until I have at least a three months forward test on a real account and I do not take the three months seriously beyond an indication that the backtest maybe valid should the statistical properties of both backtest and forward test fall within certain thresholds. I would be willing to bet a chunk of money that "Trading for Darwin ILR with 20.75% profit from December 2020 to February 2021" is no longer available by December 2021 whereas the 69% return system below continues to perform in a similar manner and the max DD continues not to breach 11%.

It should be a matter of work pride not to release backtests with a data quality of less than 90%, ideally 99.9%. It has been years since I've seen a data quality of 30%.

I've hidden the names of the MYFxbook portfolio. I am not trying to sell you anything.

Have a great weekend all.

Attachments

• live account.png
    live account.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 130
  • live account1.png
    live account1.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
The reality for me is I do not even release backtests until I have at least a three months forward test on a real account and I do not take the three months seriously beyond an indication that the backtest maybe valid should the statistical properties of both backtest and forward test fall within certain thresholds. I would be willing to bet a chunk of money that "Trading for Darwin ILR with 20.75% profit from December 2020 to February 2021" is no longer available by December 2021 whereas the 69% return system below continues to perform in a similar manner and the max DD continues not to breach 11%.

It should be a matter of work pride not to release backtests with a data quality of less than 90%, ideally 99.9%. It has been years since I've seen a data quality of 30%.

I've hidden the names of the MYFxbook portfolio. I am not trying to sell you anything.

Have a great weekend all.
I do not release any backtests but for showing errors because I don't have any intention sell an EA or to support a seller. This backtest was published to show in a discussion in another forum that MT4 backtest cannot be relyable because of the rror in opening gaps. If you don't know this error you're cheating with your results.

Data quality is completely irrelant for the MT4 calculation error in backtests.

Your MQL5 link is broken or is removed recently where this EA was offered for a higher 3 digit amount in USD. But Google does never forget :)
1614944085751.png

You're here since January 21 and the same or similar stuff was offered on other forums since about the same time, not only for discussions.
I would be willing to bet a chunk of money that "Trading for Darwin ILR with 20.75% profit from December 2020 to February 2021" is no longer available by December 2021 whereas the 69% return system below continues to perform in a similar manner and the max DD continues not to breach 11%.
You're right, I will change the figures in my signature from time to time, maybe monthly.

And I take the challege, let's see whether you 69% return and a DD of less than 11 % will be still available with your trading at the end of this year. Let's see whether my trading results will be better than your's are now or end of this year.

Last edited:
I do not release any backtests but for showing errors because I don't have any intention sell an EA or to support a seller. This backtest was published to show in a discussion in another forum that MT4 backtest cannot be relyable because of the rror in opening gaps. If you don't know this error you're cheating with your results.

Data quality is completely irrelant for the MT4 calculation error in backtests.

Your MQL5 link is broken or is removed recently where this EA was offered for a higher 3 digit amount in USD. But Google does never forget :)
View attachment 297328

You're here since January 21 and the same or similar stuff was offered on other forums since about the same time, not only for discussions.

You're right, I will change the figures in my signature from time to time.

And I take the challege, let's see whether you 69% return and a DD of less than 11 % will be still available with your trading at the end of this year. Let's see whether my trading results will be better than your's are now or end of this year.
Data quality is completely irrelevant for the MT4 calculation error in backtests.

1. For me, this is nonsense especially since I mostly use A.I. components which can be extremely sensitive to data quality (garbage in, garbage out) but we can happily agree to disagree.

"Your MQL5 link is broken or is removed recently where this EA was offered for a higher 3 digit amount in USD"

2. It isn't my EA or link although I do maintain a dialogue with the author if only to gain access to demo copies. I then trade copy to live, I do not pay a penny; if that time comes then I would stop using it. No issue.

Challenge excepted.

1. For me, this is nonsense especially since I mostly use A.I. components which can be extremely sensitive to data quality (garbage in, garbage out) but we can happily agree to disagree.
Maybe you didn't get it: data quality does not remove the calculation error for gaps in backtest.
Your MQL5 link is broken or is removed recently where this EA was offered for a higher 3 digit amount in USD"

2. It isn't my EA
It's your link. I didn't write it's your EA ;)
Challenge excepted.
Great.
Have a nice weekend.

Most serious algo builders use robust backtest add-ons to run backtests such as Tick Data Suite (TDS). TDS does not suffer from this issue if simulate live trading is selected, by default these settings are always used when I perform backtests. I reached out to Birt so he could put it in his own words and so I do not have to debate whether water is wet.

eareview.net support on Sat, 6 Mar at 3:15 AM
Hi,

In the Advanced tab of the Tick data settings dialog you can find a group of settings called Simulate live execution. Basically if you want your orders to execute as they would at the broker (i.e. at the post-gap price instead of in the middle of the gap) just enable all four checkboxes.

Best regards,
Birt

Most serious algo builders use robust backtest add-ons to run backtests such as Tick Data Suite (TDS). TDS does not suffer from this issue if simulate live trading is selected, by default these settings are always used when I perform backtests. I reached out to Birt so he could put it in his own words and so I do not have to debate whether water is wet.

eareview.net support on Sat, 6 Mar at 3:15 AM
Hi,

In the Advanced tab of the Tick data settings dialog you can find a group of settings called Simulate live execution. Basically if you want your orders to execute as they would at the broker (i.e. at the post-gap price instead of in the middle of the gap) just enable all four checkboxes.

Best regards,
Birt
As you want to run it on your live account, post your results of the live account after a month or at least 100 trades of the live account and the TDS backtest for the same period or number of trades.
I'd also appreciate if you compare the MT4 backtest (can be done from the live account) and the TDS backtest by publishing the results.
Live account results are the only arguments which count, or better: real profit on a live account.

Can you accept this?

I don't want to change this thread to a discussion about backtest, seller of backtesting software, errors intentionally not solved by Metaquotes (paid by brokers, made for brokers), cheating EA sellers and programmers optimizing the EA for a certain period and a certain asset without knowledge of all the problems for potential buyers, differences between brokers and markets, limited trade sizes and all the other stuff around that. Ok?

As you want to run it on your live account, post your results of the live account after a month or at least 100 trades of the live account and the TDS backtest for the same period or number of trades.
I'd also appreciate if you compare the MT4 backtest (can be done from the live account) and the TDS backtest by publishing the results.
Live account results are the only arguments which count, or better: real profit on a live account.

Can you accept this?

I don't want to change this thread to a discussion about backtest, seller of backtesting software, errors intentionally not solved by Metaquotes (paid by brokers, made for brokers), cheating EA sellers and programmers optimizing the EA for a certain period and a certain asset without knowledge of all the problems for potential buyers, differences between brokers and markets, limited trade sizes and all the other stuff around that. Ok?
Ok, buddy. I can accept it.

Do you have any live account results you can show us after a month including a comparision to the demo and TDS results?
Hi.

Yes I do but I need a week or two before I can post them. I am working on a few major projects so I am rather busy at the moment.

Do you have any live account results you can show us after a month including a comparision to the demo and TDS results?
Attached: live results from Feb' (the month the EA was posted in here) and TDS backtest covering that period. Apologies, the BT starts in December so you will have to filter.

Attachments

• T2W.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 137
Scam-free and free to use!! This EA is FREE FOR LIFE!!!

The developer is attempting to provide an alternative to expensive scam EAs.

Download link https://bit.ly/3xlEgUc

Again...100% free for life and as you will see, it is VERY effective.

Live account forward test! Profit factor 82.58!!!!

F.png

C.png