Forex strategy feedback

VictoriaAlgo

34 21
I do not release any backtests but for showing errors because I don't have any intention sell an EA or to support a seller. This backtest was published to show in a discussion in another forum that MT4 backtest cannot be relyable because of the rror in opening gaps. If you don't know this error you're cheating with your results.

Data quality is completely irrelant for the MT4 calculation error in backtests.

Your MQL5 link is broken or is removed recently where this EA was offered for a higher 3 digit amount in USD. But Google does never forget :)
View attachment 297328

You're here since January 21 and the same or similar stuff was offered on other forums since about the same time, not only for discussions.

You're right, I will change the figures in my signature from time to time.

And I take the challege, let's see whether you 69% return and a DD of less than 11 % will be still available with your trading at the end of this year. Let's see whether my trading results will be better than your's are now or end of this year.
Data quality is completely irrelevant for the MT4 calculation error in backtests.

1. For me, this is nonsense especially since I mostly use A.I. components which can be extremely sensitive to data quality (garbage in, garbage out) but we can happily agree to disagree.

"Your MQL5 link is broken or is removed recently where this EA was offered for a higher 3 digit amount in USD"

2. It isn't my EA or link although I do maintain a dialogue with the author if only to gain access to demo copies. I then trade copy to live, I do not pay a penny; if that time comes then I would stop using it. No issue.

Challenge excepted.

IlIlIlIlI

361 341
1. For me, this is nonsense especially since I mostly use A.I. components which can be extremely sensitive to data quality (garbage in, garbage out) but we can happily agree to disagree.
Maybe you didn't get it: data quality does not remove the calculation error for gaps in backtest.
Your MQL5 link is broken or is removed recently where this EA was offered for a higher 3 digit amount in USD"

2. It isn't my EA
It's your link. I didn't write it's your EA ;)
Challenge excepted.
Great.
Have a nice weekend.

Reactions: VictoriaAlgo

VictoriaAlgo

34 21
I do not release any backtests but for showing errors because I don't have any intention sell an EA or to support a seller. This backtest was published to show in a discussion in another forum that MT4 backtest cannot be relyable because of the rror in opening gaps. If you don't know this error you're cheating with your results.

Most serious algo builders use robust backtest add-ons to run backtests such as Tick Data Suite (TDS). TDS does not suffer from this issue if simulate live trading is selected, by default these settings are always used when I perform backtests. I reached out to Birt so he could put it in his own words and so I do not have to debate whether water is wet.

eareview.net support on Sat, 6 Mar at 3:15 AM
Hi,

In the Advanced tab of the Tick data settings dialog you can find a group of settings called Simulate live execution. Basically if you want your orders to execute as they would at the broker (i.e. at the post-gap price instead of in the middle of the gap) just enable all four checkboxes.

Best regards,
Birt

Reactions: IlIlIlIlI

IlIlIlIlI

361 341
Most serious algo builders use robust backtest add-ons to run backtests such as Tick Data Suite (TDS). TDS does not suffer from this issue if simulate live trading is selected, by default these settings are always used when I perform backtests. I reached out to Birt so he could put it in his own words and so I do not have to debate whether water is wet.

eareview.net support on Sat, 6 Mar at 3:15 AM
Hi,

In the Advanced tab of the Tick data settings dialog you can find a group of settings called Simulate live execution. Basically if you want your orders to execute as they would at the broker (i.e. at the post-gap price instead of in the middle of the gap) just enable all four checkboxes.

Best regards,
Birt
As you want to run it on your live account, post your results of the live account after a month or at least 100 trades of the live account and the TDS backtest for the same period or number of trades.
I'd also appreciate if you compare the MT4 backtest (can be done from the live account) and the TDS backtest by publishing the results.
Live account results are the only arguments which count, or better: real profit on a live account.

Can you accept this?

I don't want to change this thread to a discussion about backtest, seller of backtesting software, errors intentionally not solved by Metaquotes (paid by brokers, made for brokers), cheating EA sellers and programmers optimizing the EA for a certain period and a certain asset without knowledge of all the problems for potential buyers, differences between brokers and markets, limited trade sizes and all the other stuff around that. Ok?

Reactions: VictoriaAlgo

VictoriaAlgo

34 21
As you want to run it on your live account, post your results of the live account after a month or at least 100 trades of the live account and the TDS backtest for the same period or number of trades.
I'd also appreciate if you compare the MT4 backtest (can be done from the live account) and the TDS backtest by publishing the results.
Live account results are the only arguments which count, or better: real profit on a live account.

Can you accept this?

I don't want to change this thread to a discussion about backtest, seller of backtesting software, errors intentionally not solved by Metaquotes (paid by brokers, made for brokers), cheating EA sellers and programmers optimizing the EA for a certain period and a certain asset without knowledge of all the problems for potential buyers, differences between brokers and markets, limited trade sizes and all the other stuff around that. Ok?
Ok, buddy. I can accept it.

VictoriaAlgo

34 21
Do you have any live account results you can show us after a month including a comparision to the demo and TDS results?
Attached: live results from Feb' (the month the EA was posted in here) and TDS backtest covering that period. Apologies, the BT starts in December so you will have to filter.

Attachments

• T2W.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 31

VictoriaAlgo

34 21
Attached: live results from Feb' (the month the EA was posted in here) and TDS backtest covering that period. Apologies, the BT starts in December so you will have to filter.
The following EA is free of charge. Google it.

EDGE.png

VictoriaAlgo

34 21
Scam-free and free to use!! This EA is FREE FOR LIFE!!!

The developer is attempting to provide an alternative to expensive scam EAs.

Download link https://bit.ly/3xlEgUc

Again...100% free for life and as you will see, it is VERY effective.

Live account forward test! Profit factor 82.58!!!!

F.png

C.png

NVP

Legendary member
37,731 2,083
Hey VA

Been watching the thread with interest.......

So the algo is yours ?

Have you tested it on other pairs ?

Does it do well on other tightly correlated pairs ?

I’m thinking maybe AUDNZD. .....

Can you share any rules at all.....otherwise we are being asked to blindly follow a black box ?

Asking this as I’ve been pretty quiet on most forums in last few months as I’m working with programmers to create EAs for my discretionary systems developed over the last 20 years ...

N

VictoriaAlgo

34 21
Hey VA

Been watching the thread with interest.......

So the algo is yours ?

Have you tested it on other pairs ?

Does it do well on other tightly correlated pairs ?

I’m thinking maybe AUDNZD. .....

Can you share any rules at all.....otherwise we are being asked to blindly follow a black box ?

Asking this as I’ve been pretty quiet on most forums in last few months as I’m working with programmers to create EAs for my discretionary systems developed over the last 20 years ...

N
Hi Buddy,

The algos are created by a close associate.

The underlying modelling concept has been tested against other pairs but we've moved in the direction of isolating the idiosyncrasies of individual currency pairs so we haven't concerned ourselves with multi-symbol or multi-market tests beyond testing the robustness of the underlying modelling concept. Please note, this may seem naive but we are very familiar with Pardo Robust models; we see our approach as being an extension of the Pardo method.

Rules cannot be shared because the model is heavily reliant on a suite of statistic and probability calculations all of which are proprietary. The developer has no problem supplying free EAs but he is unwilling to give away IP.

Thanks

NVP

Legendary member
37,731 2,083
asking people to follow blindly kinda doesnt work if you want to go more commercial one day ......

(we all do .....lets be honest)

but respect your answer

cheers
N

trendie

Legendary member
6,732 1,297
Just a quick glance over the CSV file you have.
You seem to be going for around the 5-pip TP, (occasionally larger 13-20 pip TPs), but you seem to have a 200 pip SL.
The Equity curve looks nice going up, but maybe more instructive to show ongoing balance to show the unrealised drawdown.
Only a small sample size, obviously, but looks good.
I am guessing trading multiple pairs helps the smoothness of the balance, but the 200-pip SL, a bit eye-watery.
Although, I have to say, the trades tended to go into profit immediately, so an edge is apparent, based on the small sample.

VictoriaAlgo

34 21
asking people to follow blindly kinda doesnt work if you want to go more commercial one day ......

(we all do .....lets be honest)

but respect your answer

cheers
N

Well, we may want to commercialize the concept in the future. The EA above remains free; disclosing the internal concept kills the option to commercialize at a later date because the concept has applications in econometrics, statistics and general forecasting. So if we commercialize it will not be to traders.

Take care

Reactions: NVP

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock