Forex strategy feedback

Hey VA

Been watching the thread with interest.......

So the algo is yours ?

Have you tested it on other pairs ?

Does it do well on other tightly correlated pairs ?

I’m thinking maybe AUDNZD. .....

Can you share any rules at all.....otherwise we are being asked to blindly follow a black box ?

Asking this as I’ve been pretty quiet on most forums in last few months as I’m working with programmers to create EAs for my discretionary systems developed over the last 20 years ...

N

Hey VA

Been watching the thread with interest.......

So the algo is yours ?

Have you tested it on other pairs ?

Does it do well on other tightly correlated pairs ?

I’m thinking maybe AUDNZD. .....

Can you share any rules at all.....otherwise we are being asked to blindly follow a black box ?

Asking this as I’ve been pretty quiet on most forums in last few months as I’m working with programmers to create EAs for my discretionary systems developed over the last 20 years ...

N
Hi Buddy,

The algos are created by a close associate.

The underlying modelling concept has been tested against other pairs but we've moved in the direction of isolating the idiosyncrasies of individual currency pairs so we haven't concerned ourselves with multi-symbol or multi-market tests beyond testing the robustness of the underlying modelling concept. Please note, this may seem naive but we are very familiar with Pardo Robust models; we see our approach as being an extension of the Pardo method.

Rules cannot be shared because the model is heavily reliant on a suite of statistic and probability calculations all of which are proprietary. The developer has no problem supplying free EAs but he is unwilling to give away IP.

Thanks

asking people to follow blindly kinda doesnt work if you want to go more commercial one day ......

(we all do .....lets be honest)

but respect your answer

cheers
N

Just a quick glance over the CSV file you have.
You seem to be going for around the 5-pip TP, (occasionally larger 13-20 pip TPs), but you seem to have a 200 pip SL.
The Equity curve looks nice going up, but maybe more instructive to show ongoing balance to show the unrealised drawdown.
Only a small sample size, obviously, but looks good.
I am guessing trading multiple pairs helps the smoothness of the balance, but the 200-pip SL, a bit eye-watery.
Although, I have to say, the trades tended to go into profit immediately, so an edge is apparent, based on the small sample.

asking people to follow blindly kinda doesnt work if you want to go more commercial one day ......

(we all do .....lets be honest)

but respect your answer

cheers
N

Well, we may want to commercialize the concept in the future. The EA above remains free; disclosing the internal concept kills the option to commercialize at a later date because the concept has applications in econometrics, statistics and general forecasting. So if we commercialize it will not be to traders.

Take care

Reactions: NVP
Just a quick glance over the CSV file you have.
You seem to be going for around the 5-pip TP, (occasionally larger 13-20 pip TPs), but you seem to have a 200 pip SL.
The Equity curve looks nice going up, but maybe more instructive to show ongoing balance to show the unrealised drawdown.
Only a small sample size, obviously, but looks good.
I am guessing trading multiple pairs helps the smoothness of the balance, but the 200-pip SL, a bit eye-watery.
Although, I have to say, the trades tended to go into profit immediately, so an edge is apparent, based on the small sample.

There are 10 pips TP and 500 pips TP options. There is also a signal-generated exit which tends to ensure the strategy rarely exits at the SL.

My advice to all is to read the EA description and to put it on a test account. There is no gimmick or scam here. There is just a glut of great strategies that are going to waste so they have been made available for free.

There are 10 pips TP and 500 pips TP options. There is also a signal-generated exit which tends to ensure the strategy rarely exits at the SL.

My advice to all is to read the EA description and to put it on a test account. There is no gimmick or scam here. There is just a glut of great strategies that are going to waste so they have been made available for free.

does'nt want to download ....can you drop the EA here please ?

or pm me with it [email protected]

i may be also interested in discussing a mutually beneficial EA i am developing

thanks
N

my opinion is not a guide to action:
i dont think Tester of MT4 or even multipair MT5 can be used to create Set file for real trading...
Best to code EA that doing itself optimisation with neural network without using Strategy Tester at all

Metaquotes created slow tester but forgot to create instructions :
1) how to use tester
2) and why do we have to believe in tester results
3) they cannot even create MACOS compatible native app of their most populat plaforms called Metatrader

It is easy to develop such back-test results, one would have to look at the strategy itself and compare with the charts, does the entry points look random. Question is always, will it work if traded live. - or rather for how long will it work ... In general not sufficient info to tell anything.

But 2 trades daily looks good, match the two daily moves. Backtest data corresponding to 2 months testing using 1M bars is okay, but I can tell you that when overlaying such with 6 time periods back, you usually get a very different result. But using 1H bars this would not be operational, as you would be too far back in history, as market behaviour has changed dramatically even the past years. The further back we test the less relevant is the result. The cons is you are not trading a fixed amount, but adding to the trade size in a martingale style scheme. If a broker see this kind of trading style, you will gracefully be kicked out, your account closed.

Last edited:
Okay. Let me kick off. What do you think of the performance of this back-test? It is a strategy I have been working on for nearly 12 months, the question is...can it operating like that into the future? Yes, the relative drawdown is very high indeed, but we can just use less risk and a larger account size.

Feedback please.

View attachment 294923
I would like to see results on 1 lot basis, no pyramiding, just a constant 1 lot, is that possible?