Forex position trades

bvnc

Are there any specific regulations (i.e. settlement period) of FX position trades ?

Or is there something else to consider ?

I thank you for the sacrifice of time and thought.

Possible characteristics of the trade:
-platform:IB IDEALPRO
-currency pairs: GBPUSD - EURJPY - USDJPY (long/short)
-holding period: 2days-2weeks
-entry time: 8 a.m. - 12p.m. GMT
-margin: 2%

If you have the will and the ability to shortly list all factors, their degree of probability and their possible impact on the smoothness of the trade/on the bottom line, I would sincerely appreciate your efforts.

Thanks in advance.

It simply was:

buy/short (day 1) - sell/cover (day 3 - 14)

What (especially negative - especially regarding regulations) can happen between exit-entry ?

So an adjustment for the interest rate differential happens only after the two day period ?

How long can the cutoff time be and when does it occur ?

The question is whether you can instantly sell the pair or whether you have to enter its respective counterpair ?

1. It was whether one can directly sell a pair that appears to move down or whether he has to move into the counterpair.

2. What are the terms you set ?

1. It was whether one can directly sell a pair that appears to move down or whether he has to move into the counterpair.

2. What are the terms you set ?

Hi BVNC

I thing Gamma's correct. If you don't understand the rudiments of buying/selling currency pairs then I would do more research. There are plenty of guides out there on the internet if you take a look.

To give you a clue though, you can sell a currency pair just as easily as buy it.

Last edited: