Forex platform for paddling.

alanbeale2001

Looking for some guidance regarding a forex trading platform.

I need the following facilities.

1. Low initial feposit of around £ 250 or less.

2. Ability to trade at 1-2% total risk i.e. around £0.10 per point.

3. Limit and stop order facility ( trailing option would be nice)

4. Some charting facilities with the normal studies to allow support and resistance analysis.

5. I will trade off s/r so orders placed will only be closed manually at end of day.

I appreciate any help offered and thankyou in advance.

Oanda will allow you to take very small trades, and not restricted to 'lots' so if you wanted to tradea position size of $2000 or $1276 or even $1 then you could.

I don't believe that they specify a minimum account size either, so they may be the broker to go with.

I am completely satisfied with them. Why don't you open a demo account and see how you get on?

thanks

BroadSword said:
Oanda will allow you to take very small trades, and not restricted to 'lots' so if you wanted to tradea position size of $2000 or $1276 or even $1 then you could.

I don't believe that they specify a minimum account size either, so they may be the broker to go with.

I am completely satisfied with them. Why don't you open a demo account and see how you get on?

Thanks broadsword.

Have looked at them, guess i was looking for a human review.

Do you use their charting?

alanbeale2001 said:
Do you use their charting?

No, (but they are OK, to my mind).

I trade medium to longer timeframes, so am not really interested at looking at charts whilst the platform is up, I only sign in to place orders or modify trades etc.

alanbeale2001 said:
Looking for some guidance regarding a forex trading platform.

I need the following facilities.

1. Low initial feposit of around £ 250 or less.

2. Ability to trade at 1-2% total risk i.e. around £0.10 per point.

3. Limit and stop order facility ( trailing option would be nice)

4. Some charting facilities with the normal studies to allow support and resistance analysis.

5. I will trade off s/r so orders placed will only be closed manually at end of day.

I appreciate any help offered and thankyou in advance.
visual trader.

For a charting free charting program/feed you could use the renewable MetaTrader 4 demo available from: http://www.alpari-idc.com/

MT4 will be replacing MT3 depending on individual brokers, tho Alpari is likely to continue to supply an MT3 feed. Not sure if there's a UK MT3/4 broker, there are several in the US.

Broker prices do vary intraday as well as the Daily HL but are close enough you should be able to trade with one broker while using a charting program from a different broker.