Forex - High 4:00, Low 7:00

ilia king

I was wondering if anyone has noticed that the EUR/USD is very low at around 7AM and then has a new high at 4PM, and then comes back down?

IK - How much data have you back-tested this on?

With what frequency (out of how many days) did it exhibit this behaviour AND what were the average points in each move?

Bramble I am still testing, I wasn't saying that there is such a trend but I just noticed it out of 5 days worth of data and was wondering if anyone else knew of this pattern. I am testing it right now on a game account on Oanda, I am up 62 pips, from £5,000. that is £509 profit :cheesy: .

But I would have to check this quite a lot, however I don't have any intraday data that I can test :cry:

Last edited:
Now its 75 pips! I bought at 1.2106 and it is 1.2179 but as this is a game account, I can't say anything except "Darn it why haven't i been trading it for real!

This is nothing new and has been discussed elsewhere via one of Newtrons' threads I think.

Uk about 7am , and about 1.30pm UK time, before US opens, usually sees some movement.

Look at the Forex threads on this site for more info.

quite common time frames for breakouts (on cable & euro)...good profits can be had from crack of dawn trades!!

ilia king said:
Buk dawn times? What currency?

Thanks

Most.

Like I said - read the threads by Newtron and others here. Times etc are discussed in some depth.

Search button is under "Discussion" menu.

I mainly trade cable ilia, occasionally euro...either of those react favourably to the crossover from the Australasian to European session. Really depends on your favoured strat, but you'll find they move quite nicely around the 5.30 - 8.00 am time frames....obviously, you'll get false moves, but then that happens with any instrument....good luck with your research :D

ps: as Neil suggested, take a peek at the threads, there are various reaction times during the day (start of the yankee session/end of euro etc...), opportunities abound!

Last edited:
Neil I can't find the post by NB, could it have been deleted? I did a search on this forum with "Newtron Bomb"?