FOREX Education Course

Magos

Established member
If an ivy league university (or a good one) was doing a trading FOREX course like those of MIT professional education (http://web.mit.edu/professional/) will it be successful?
I would appreciate your thoughts and inputs.

no.........

Academia vs old fashioned down and dirty trading ?

no competition ........(in my humble opinion)
N

Last edited:
credibility

no.........

Academia vs old fashioned down and dirty trading ?

no competition ........(in my humble opinion)
N

There are so many scam websites offering education or help, etc. etc.
Someone needs to take responsibility and do a credible course.

I thought about it many times, but without a stamp of a credible organisation this will never work!
People should have access to the correct information and not some interpretation of what is FOREX trading.

An FSA accredited course and qualification perhaps :)

Most other industries have recognised qualifications and monitoring bodies. No wonder this industry is full of cowboy training companies and so called professionals who have no idea what they are doing. How many more bank disasters will it take ?

It will take a mighty big mop to clean up this industry :)

How about a starting a new thread 'Campaign for education regulation' if enough people post support you could put it forward to the FSA ?

point taken

An FSA accredited course and qualification perhaps :)

Most other industries have recognised qualifications and monitoring bodies. No wonder this industry is full of cowboy training companies and so called professionals who have no idea what they are doing. How many more bank disasters will it take ?

It will take a mighty big mop to clean up this industry :)

How about a starting a new thread 'Campaign for education regulation' if enough people post support you could put it forward to the FSA ?

Hi Laser trader.

Thank you for the comments :)

I have done the FSA accredited courses: Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3 from the CISI - but to say the truth they do not teach you how to trade, they are more theoretical than practical. Probably they missed the point....

"Campaign for education regulation" that is a good idea but the FSA will manage again to make it boring .... and not practical.