Forex blackbox

stutch

Hi,
I am happy to take advice and guidance on where this thread should be but I think the guys in here can probably answer my questions. I'm not sure if its a data feed/software or broker question.

I'm working on an automated blackbox approach to forex . My back testing is nearing completion and I want to move to the next stage. I am never 100% happy with the quality of my test data. You never know what a broker is going to offer you on their feed.

Can anyone recommend a forex broker with a development feed and development api that is free ?
I mean free for the development period, not free to trade.
It does not have to be real time, but with a view to using the same software with the same broker for trading long term.
I don't need any technical analysis tools or technical analysis api's with it.
Preferably java but I can handle most other languages.
EUR/USD would do it does not have to be anything exotic.

Thanks

stutch said:
Hi,
I am happy to take advice and guidance on where this thread should be but I think the guys in here can probably answer my questions. I'm not sure if its a data feed/software or broker question.

I'm working on an automated blackbox approach to forex . My back testing is nearing completion and I want to move to the next stage. I am never 100% happy with the quality of my test data. You never know what a broker is going to offer you on their feed.

Can anyone recommend a forex broker with a development feed and development api that is free ?
I mean free for the development period, not free to trade.
It does not have to be real time, but with a view to using the same software with the same broker for trading long term.
I don't need any technical analysis tools or technical analysis api's with it.
Preferably java but I can handle most other languages.
EUR/USD would do it does not have to be anything exotic.

Thanks
Interactive Brokers. API is free if you have an account with them. They now do spot prices and I think the minimum lotsize is 25k i.e not quite mini.

Oanda's api is $600 a month with 2months free "development" time or some kind of discount for each million you do.