forex b*stards

Well he got this one spectacularly wrong didn't he? I hope anyone following his "signals" used very tight stops. The market reaction was highly predictable so he clearly has very limited knowledge, experience and expertise of the currency markets. His "signals" are not his signals at all. Just go to the weekly calendar at http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/briefing/ and you'll see in bold all the market moving events. If an economic release is significantly out of line with expectations, that's tradeable. You can't rely on this calendar too much though. This must be where he made his mistake of ignoring the 1330 BST ECB Press Conference and instead focusing on the non-event of Trichet speaking later in the day. He also made the mistake of thinking the two options were either no interest rate increase or a 25bps increase. In fact Trichet had signalled at last month's press conference that rates would rise this month. The only issue was 50bps or 25bps, hence the sharp fall in the Euro.

notouch said:
I've just read this guy's signals for today and all I can say is they're a complete load of balls. He's saying trade EUR/USD on the basis of a 25bps hike, even though that's such a certainty it will be a non-event, or might even lead to EUR/USD going down as those betting on a 50bps increase close their bets. But more importantly he completely ignores the press conference that follows, which is the real market mover of the day. He instead focuses on some obscure speech that Trichet is giving 4.5 hours later. This guy clearly does not have enough knowledge to be giving other people trading advice.

ARe you talking about felix or tom mate ???
Because I followed tom's trades and I made 16 pips without any problems at all

I'm talking Felix. Maybe Tom is better. I never use other people's signals but have done in the distant past and hate to see other people get burned but self-styled experts who really know nothing. Maybe Tom is good, I don't know.

notouch said:
I'm talking Felix. Maybe Tom is better. I never use other people's signals but have done in the distant past and hate to see other people get burned but self-styled experts who really know nothing. Maybe Tom is good, I don't know.
I aint a great fan of signals either but Felix is a student of Tom and I think he is now trying to things on his own if you know what I mean..
Tom is a guy I have been trading with and till date I have not had one loosing trade he only trades fundamental....and these are different signals.....I listen in on his live trading calls via a teleconfrence and he tells you exactly when to buy and when to sell it is as simple as the to be honest.....I know at this point you might think I might be a signal seller but I am not mate....
Also there are only limited members to his forex group......
Any way I have made some good pips with him....
Take care
Happy trading

I agree notouch, he was wrong....by a country mile. As I say though, You can't judge it on one alert and I'm sure you wont.

Felix is a lot happier with risks that people like myself arn't. I still say his bread and butter signals (report trading) are good although you do have to be slightly less agressive than Felix.

Oatcake_eater said:
Rav, is there anyway i can get in contact with you?
Whats up matey......you can give me a call if you want mate....if that is what you mean mate :cheesy:

Hi Rav, there's no problem mate. Just fancied a chat with someone doing the same sort of trading as myself. There's not too many people doing it so would be nice to exchange a few views. My mail is

I've sent you a P/M Rav.

NoTouch - As I also said before the other type of trade is the more common, he was correct about that now wasn't he?

Last edited:
Quenkish said:
Forgive my ignorance but who are Felix & Tom?
FYI....
Tom Yeoman is a fundamental trader who has a good win rate on fundamentals
And felix is one of his students who basically traded with him for sometime and then went on his own....Felix is the owner of forex ba****ds site still learning the ropes at the top end but his emails are very very helpful.....

Did you get a piece of that trade balance move Rav? Got in a little late but still got the quick 16 pips b4 spread.

I've got to work on getting i quicker, it cost me about 15 pips today.

hi oatcake...can i ask where do you obtain your real time news to trade fundamentals? I emailed newstrike for a login password but have never had a reply.

Oatcake_eater said:
Did you get a piece of that trade balance move Rav? Got in a little late but still got the quick 16 pips b4 spread.

I made a lot of money on the 11:45 canada labour survey trade shorted @ 1.1178 tp @1.1140
that was 38 pips from Trader Tom....I tell you this guy is a genius I have not had one wrong trade with him till date.......I am not one to sell his signals but just appreciate the work of a forex guru :cheesy:

I dont want the good traders to give me crap out there saying where's the proof of your trades hence I am just posting a screen shot of my trade to you guys....I amonly doing this cos someone has been playing with my ratings.......
Anyone happy trading got one more trade going as I am short on the cable got to go......

Attachments

• tom's trade.JPG
    tom's trade.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 242
I use news strike, you should just be able to download the software from the site. They automatically send out the log on details.

Oatcake_eater said:

It was a no call by tom my friend by tom.....and you can probably see why...
But hope you did well :cheesy:

Oatcake_eater said:
Hi Rav, there's no problem mate. Just fancied a chat with someone doing the same sort of trading as myself. There's not too many people doing it so would be nice to exchange a few views. My mail is

I've sent you a P/M Rav.

NoTouch - As I also said before the other type of trade is the more common, he was correct about that now wasn't he?

Yes he was, but if you'd followed both his suggestions you'd have made a net loss. Anyway, I don't really mean to knock him, I'm just saying you don't really need him. Just look at any weekly economic calendar (they're published all over the place) and the statements of central banks/bankers and trade the unexpected.

Oatcake_eater said:
I use news strike, you should just be able to download the software from the site. They automatically send out the log on details.

It's definitely worth paying for a decent service (e.g. tradethenews). Costs about £100 per month but the speed can easily make you an extra 10 pips per trade so it's definitely worth it.

notouch said:
Yes he was, but if you'd followed both his suggestions you'd have made a net loss. Anyway, I don't really mean to knock him, I'm just saying you don't really need him. Just look at any weekly economic calendar (they're published all over the place) and the statements of central banks/bankers and trade the unexpected.

Let me get a couple of things straight.......my friend....
Their are various types of traders on this forum and I have been a part of this forum for quite some time... You may be a great trader and I wish you a lot of success in the future.....but their are some traders which are new to fundamental trading and some are new to Technical trading....I have been trading for 4 Years now and I have attempted 4 times to trade the news and have been unsuccesful all 4 times ...I have still got the results for them believe it or not and I gave up in the end untill I heard about tom......I am learning to trade with him and I have not had a single loss.....And regarding tom's suggestions today how can it be possible I could have made a loss...
He had three calls
1. Uk Trade Balance: (Scratch- which means no trade)
2.Canadian labour :+41 pips
3.Us Trade Balance:Scratch- which means no trade)

So I am sorry but I do not agree with your comment that

"but if you'd followed both his suggestions you'd have made a net loss. "

I think you have got your wired with some other signal service.......

I do not believe in signal services.......I just wanted to learn from tom.....I do agree it is easy to get the news and do the analysis but for me$199 is a lil amount to pay for an extra 200 pips a month.
It saves me time no fundamental analysis no listening to news....Free's up loads of time...

For someone new to directly jump into fundamental without any proper training is a big risk because of volatility.....understanding the result is very important.....

I am not having a dig at you ...I just think that because you are an experianced trader fundamentals may be easy for you but new players like oateaters it may be beneficial....
I am not selling or giving any links out....just my opinion matey :LOL:

Anyway best of luck for you trading
Wish you nothing but success.
Happy trading
Rav ;)

We may have our wires crossed again. I was referring to Felix, not Tom.

Anyway I also had a mentor about a year ago who taught me about trading fundamentals, which economic releases move the markets etc so it sounds like Tom is doing a good job for you. My guess is in a few months you'll have learned so much you won't need his signals. It's the same economic releases month after month that move the markets, it's just a question of learning which ones to trade and how. I didn't mean to sound arrogant. Good luck to you. :)