Forex and Futures TA

yubesh

I am quite interested to know if Forex TA and Futures TA similar? Is TA a term in general?

I am interested to gather some books for read and big names like Bob Volman and Al Brooks offer price action scalping methods.

My question here is, I am trading the futures market. Will the reads from eg; Al brook's book whom is a forex trader will benefit a futures trader like me?

Many thanks in advance for your time taken to answer. :)

I am quite interested to know if Forex TA and Futures TA similar?

Interesting question. I have read of traders who use different TA for different products, because they say one system does not work on the other.

I consider myself an a newbie, who's paper-trading ES for a few years, and out of curiosity just started a bit on applying my TA on Forex. To me, first results are that my system works with similar results on Forex. But again, I still feel like a rookie with a lot to learn, and from that perspective I am looking forward for other traders opinion on this.

Different markets and even different products in the same market have different quirks in their price movement largely due to the players involved (hedgers, speculators, producers, market makers, etc...). Each of these groups of players are involved for different reasons. Know your market or product and know who the players are like the back of your hand.

Peter

Different markets and even different products in the same market have different quirks in their price movement largely due to the players involved (hedgers, speculators, producers, market makers, etc...). Each of these groups of players are involved for different reasons. Know your market or product and know who the players are like the back of your hand.

Peter

Very well said Peter.. nothing more to add! - Most of time I just like reading your smart a$$ comments:)

Peter

Where do I find resources for these? I am trading futures and 6e. Thanks in advance

I find basic TA works on all markets. Not 100% but not too bad usually and up to date except for spikes. These spikes are usually caused by fundamental announcements.