Focus or Money Management?

.............and does it matter? For short term trading it is surely enough that you can spot buying interest without worrying about whether it's weak or strong hands doing the buying.

Because weak hand buyers will get shaken easily and they wouldn't be able to defend their positions , they will be a good target for other participants .

Because weak hand buyers will get shaken easily and they wouldn't be able to defend their positions , they will be a good target for other participants .

true, but you'll be out and counting your profit by then.

exactly. all you have to do is move price up and down but 30 to 40 pips/ticks and most street money is shafted. I dread to think how much street money will be pocketed this afternoon on the data release. I guess if people will leave money lying around they shouldn't be surprised if people come along and pick it up. :cool:

.............and does it matter? For short term trading it is surely enough that you can spot buying interest without worrying about whether it's weak or strong hands doing the buying.

Of course it matters. You want to identify situations created by strong hands and then trade with them.

Of course it matters. You want to identify situations created by strong hands and then trade with them.

no you don't - you want to catch bursts of momentum and it doesn't matter how that's coming about

Where do you think bursts of momentum come from? It's no voodoo you know Jon :D

Random news events generate momentum eg 'Russia / Ukraine' and by their very nature they are unpredictable. They dont all come from one place. The market can be unpredictable on short term timeframes as well as long.

Attachments

• buy buy buy.png
    buy buy buy.png
    4 KB · Views: 189
Random news events generate momentum eg 'Russia / Ukraine' and by their very nature they are unpredictable. They dont all come from one place. The market can be unpredictable on short term timeframes as well as long.

A gift for 'strong hands', nightmare for anyone else eh

That's true. No question about that. Ultimately though, the schedule of economic news that we all pay attention to is the metronome for playing the game and is used to manage/execute situations independent of the news that long term participants are working towards.

Where do you think bursts of momentum come from? It's no voodoo you know Jon :D

:LOL: I really don't disagree with you all that much - just think the strong hands/weak hands thing is a bit overdone. You can get upward price momentum from buying pressure or selling vacuum.

:LOL: I really don't disagree with you all that much - just think the strong hands/weak hands thing is a bit overdone. You can get upward price momentum from buying pressure or selling vacuum.

How do you think a 'selling' vacuum is created Jon :LOL:

I can go on forever you know..........

How do you think a 'selling' vacuum is created Jon :LOL:

I can go on forever you know..........

Now, now, Rob :LOL:. You can pin any price action on the action, or inaction, of these strong hands if you are so minded. Do you think, though, that these big, strong hitters are that interested in a few intraday points here and there, or are they playing a wider game?