Fixed Odds Financials

Hilary Hughes

I'm a bit wary of diving into SB although I have an a/c with Spreadex. I'm wondering about doing some fixed odds on the financial markets to begin with. It looks safer and I'm wondering what the catch is. Any comments would be helpful. Thank you.

I'm a bit wary of diving into SB although I have an a/c with Spreadex. I'm wondering about doing some fixed odds on the financial markets to begin with. It looks safer and I'm wondering what the catch is. Any comments would be helpful. Thank you.

Please don't, you will lose your money, these things are no more than gambling.

Thank you for the reply. Would you say that's still the case if appropriate research is done prior to the bet?

Thanks again - nice to have it straight rather than find out the hard way! May I ask what your method is to make money because it does sound as though you might have been round the block a few times and finally hit on something - I could be wrong, of course.

Hi Wilczek - thank you for that nice article.

Yes, I had already begun to understand the drawbacks of these bonuses although, I have to admit that I hadn't worked out that you couldn't draw on your own deposit.

Scary reading indeed!

Thanks again.

Hi Wilczek - thank you for that nice article.

Yes, I had already begun to understand the drawbacks of these bonuses although, I have to admit that I hadn't worked out that you couldn't draw on your own deposit.

Scary reading indeed!

Thanks again.

These binary/fixed odds 'brokers' are the worst of the worst, I imagine most are criminal/mafia type operations. There's a reason they're all in Cyprus and it's not the weather.

This game is starting to resemble the palava of training driving instructors, who are promised earnings of anything between 30+50k, more by the minute.

The word "earnings" is legal even though in 21 years I have never topped 65% profit.

Perhaps having become accustomed to filtering the you know what from the facts, I might have gained at least one advantage for surviving in this business.

Hilary.

Perhaps having become accustomed to filtering the you know what from the facts, I might have gained at least one advantage for surviving in this business.

Hilary.

The difference here is that they are all crap. At least your driving instructors possess a driving licence and are presumably tested for competence. Anybody can start a trader training business or one of these offshore 'brokerages'. The last really big scam that blew up was being run by a slimming tablet salesman that promised 100% a year profits.

Actually, you only have to be qualified to take money for instruction on learning to drive.

I think I'm correct in saying that anyone can set up a business teaching people to be instructors.

Whether they would get on the official register is another matter but when you promise 50k, I don't think people worry about such matters.

It's a bad old world...and oh yes, the pass rate to become an instructor is appallingly low so most won't make it anyway.