Fineco starting help

MufuliraBoy

12 1
Thanks. Yes my dabbling will be limited to thousands rather than a ten thousand! The interface and features seem clear enough to me to dip in and out. What are your primary concerns? Are they not FCA regulated or maybe the spreads are not attractive enough? Which platform would you recommend then for low dealing fees and a clear mobile interface etc? Robinhood seems to be getting it in the neck at the moment.

C

cantagril

0 0
Thanks. Yes my dabbling will be limited to thousands rather than a ten thousand! The interface and features seem clear enough to me to dip in and out. What are your primary concerns? Are they not FCA regulated or maybe the spreads are not attractive enough? Which platform would you recommend then for low dealing fees and a clear mobile interface etc? Robinhood seems to be getting it in the neck at the moment.
Misunderstanding.

I had got the impression that as you seemed to have struggles with the initial establishment of the account and navigation of the web platform that you were finding the whole Fineco thing rather complex. When you mentioned "dabbling" that rather set off alarm bells as there are an awful lot of people on the forums that have sub £1K accounts and are therefore limited in the scope of their trading and not really able to take advantage of a Fineco type offer.. A few £K will certainly get you started and I only mentioned the Finsa platforms because of their simplicity and the SB facility, which of course you won't get with Fineco.

Fineco 's commissions are at the low end of the spectrum but on small amounts you probably won't be able to get the absolute lowest - you can check these out on the site. As far as regulation goes they are indeed FCA regulated but as a European Bank they are, if anything, more regulated than many UK brokers.

Reactions: MufuliraBoy

MufuliraBoy

12 1
Misunderstanding.

I had got the impression that as you seemed to have struggles with the initial establishment of the account and navigation of the web platform that you were finding the whole Fineco thing rather complex. When you mentioned "dabbling" that rather set off alarm bells as there are an awful lot of people on the forums that have sub £1K accounts and are therefore limited in the scope of their trading and not really able to take advantage of a Fineco type offer.. A few £K will certainly get you started and I only mentioned the Finsa platforms because of their simplicity and the SB facility, which of course you won't get with Fineco.

Fineco 's commissions are at the low end of the spectrum but on small amounts you probably won't be able to get the absolute lowest - you can check these out on the site. As far as regulation goes they are indeed FCA regulated but as a European Bank they are, if anything, more regulated than many UK brokers.
That's ok. I wasn't clear how to get funds across or how trades were funded but thanks to you and them I got it sorted. I've not seen any commission deducted on the few trades I have made so unless they have thrown in a few freebies to start with then I presumed it was in the spread. Yes, there's a couple of grand in there now. Thanks for letting me know about the FCA piece, on a small balance I am not particularly concerned about being protected but as it grows it will probably gnaw away at me!

C

cantagril

0 0
That's ok. I wasn't clear how to get funds across or how trades were funded but thanks to you and them I got it sorted. I've not seen any commission deducted on the few trades I have made so unless they have thrown in a few freebies to start with then I presumed it was in the spread. Yes, there's a couple of grand in there now. Thanks for letting me know about the FCA piece, on a small balance I am not particularly concerned about being protected but as it grows it will probably gnaw away at me!
You might indeed have got a "freebie" as you put it as they were giving an introductory sweetener for new clients a couple of years ago and might still be doing it.. I can't remember how much this was but you might try checking with CS.

MufuliraBoy

12 1
Cantagrill. Do you use any other forums? This one seems to be forex trading, spread betting, bitcoin etc etc. Are there ones with a share buying/selling bias or are they all like this one?

MasterOfCoin

Experienced member
1,228 478
@MufuliraBoy

If you'll forgive my jumping in, Allow me to comment on that.
Whilst a lot of active content here is dominated by posts about forex trading and spread betting, it's not due to any bias or restriction on forum content, as I'm confident Admin would be happy to confirm.

There are sections here for Home Traders, including for Stocks, Commodities, Futures and Swing & Position Trading as well as the Forex, Spreads and Crypto that you've noticed.

You'll find that there are many keen Investment Traders here buying and selling shares and posting in the forums, not just Forex Traders. Less prolific, but here non-the-less.

Whilst there are other forums, you'll be hard put to find better and the best way to generate more content in your areas of interest is to, well, get posting in the sections provided.

Seasons Greetings.
🎅

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock